Blaser r8 semiweight 6.5x47 lapua

Offroad Gary

You can either fall lucky or not with the Blaser saddle mount....I had match barrels in 243,308.223, 6.5 swede for my LRS2 and the one mount interchanged with them all .I bought a 6 BR match barrel and I needed to adjust the mount to suit.

Solved the problem by switching to a Mac mount which screws into the barrel mounting point rather than camming in, problem solved and future proofed for any additional barrels.

Love that rifle to bits

You can either fall lucky or not with the Blaser saddle mount....I had match barrels in 243,308.223, 6.5 swede for my LRS2 and the one mount interchanged with them all .I bought a 6 BR match barrel and I needed to adjust the mount to suit.

Solved the problem by switching to a Mac mount which screws into the barrel mounting point rather than camming in, problem solved and future proofed for any additional barrels.

Love that rifle to bits

Can you explain 'mac mount' for me - can't find a reference to it on google

I'm looking for a saddle mount or equiv for the new rifle

J

It is a Blaser fit picatinny rail which means you can use standard rings. I bought mine from Swillington but I think there is also a Reknagel equivalent available from Alan Rhone in Wrexham.The price when I bought mine was a bit less then the Blaser mount and a lot less of a Faff when going from one barrel to another

Archived