IOR valdada

sean223

I had one of the old ones with the blue band round the eye piece about 10 years ago, sold it and cried ever since, they have nearly quadrupled in price since gaining popularity. Very good glass and tracking.

• 4 weeks later...

My ior 5.8-40x56 scope has come got it mounted on the rifle so far pleased nice clear lenses, was hoping to get out to zero it but typical weather pissing down :( hope next weekend will be better

My ior 5.8-40x56 scope has come got it mounted on the rifle so far pleased nice clear lenses, was hoping to get out to zero it but typical weather pissing down :( hope next weekend will be better

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with this and would greatly welcome some photos if possible. Are you using the IOR 40mm mounts, what do you think of them?

I have 2, 3x18x42 MP8 reticle. On my speed master 223.

For target work the MP8 reticle is a little heavy I find personally.

I also have a Beast with an MP8 Extreme reticle and it is a really really fine reticle. Its was an ex demo and priced reasonably currently on my 22-250!! only zeroed and out to 300 yards so far at the moment but am waiting for a 6BR slot and its going on that for longer range stuff mostly target.

I also have a NF 12x42 which I bought secondhand Its on a 308

Habicht 6x24 as well with longer target turrets on a PSS in 223.

Glass I will just say the Nightforce is by far the worst. Shocking really for that price of scope. I know they have changed now but so has the price.

Which leads me to another point already mentioned. The first I bought was priced the same almost as the Sightrons. Now the prices have shot up so who is taking the proverbial??

Always the same stuff spouted about them from years ago when they had issues, but many speak like it was yesterday.

Recent thread on a Khales scope was enlightening but yet hear nobody slagging them.

The mounts supplied by IOR are good.

I also don't buy into the often touted everybodies eye is different looking through a scope blah blah.

Shi£e glass is Sh*"e glass and your eyesight will never make it better.

i have one at present on my 308 and i can't fault it, the ret is the fine dot ret and is amazing for long range, its a 6-24-50 i shoot out to 1000yards with it and its great i can't fault it to be honest, really nice big turret with great firm clicks and tracks perfectly, my illuminator has stopped working and optics warehouse has said send payment for the postage and it will go back for warrantee job no questions asked i just haven't had chance to get it done yet, heavy but sturdy, i would buy a new one without question and no worrys of quality, glass isn't as clear as my leopold vx3 but it is quite an old model now so they might have improved glass by now, regards

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with this and would greatly welcome some photos if possible. Are you using the IOR 40mm mounts, what do you think of them?

I am using the ior rings they seem solid info the optics warehouse asked me if I wanted, 1 peace or 2 peace rings.

how do you get pictures added ? :wacko:

For best results, you need to host your photos online (e.g. Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr) and then post the image code like this ... ...

img on the website.

Anybody own an IOR thats had any problems?I have the 9-36x56 on a 300wsm and its started to loose focus on firing.i need to adjust the parralax after every shot.Anyone got any ideas?Incidently i have sent 5 emails to IOR over the last 10 days and as yet have had no reply.I bought the scope privatley 18 months ago and it developed the problem 2 weeks ago.

Drum.

rely like it got it zeroed at 200 yards this afternoon and the glass is impressive tried to take some pictures of through the scope but are not the best.

look forward to getting out with it properly :)

Archived