Reloading my .270

kip270

I have started to reload my .222 using 50-52grain bullets, and i am happy with the results. Now i am looking to start reloading the .270 but with so many different bullets out there what do i go for???

Any suggestions welcome :)

130 or 140grain Nosler Ballistic Tips were the choice in my 270 a few years ago. Knocked a few deer over with those :)

Both the SPEER 130gr. SPBT Ref. No:- 1458 and the HORNADY 140gr. BTSP Ref.No:- 2735 shoot well in my Carl Gustaf .270 and kill well without wrecking the carcase.

The 140gr shoots half-an-inch higher on the target at the same sight setting in my rifle.

I use Hornady 130gn spire points they have flat bases and out to 300 yds are better than the boat tails. 60gns of hodgdon 4831sc with cci 200 primer, it gives about 3200fps in my rifle ( Sako TRGS and is capable of sub .5moa groupps when I can manage to perform, does it for others using the rifle too so the errors are mine :D:D

I started at 57 grn and worked up, they all worked but the top load was best in my rifle, also tried benchrest primers but no noticeable improvement.

Archived