.338 Odin Action

Here's a few pics of the Odin .338 action.Don't think there are any up and I,m just about to barrel this one.

IMG_1602_zps678d4852.jpg

Its a bigger, slightly fatter version of the standard Odin, but has a fixed recoil lug and longer tenon obviously.

IMG_1601_zpsb0f73a28.jpg

The bolt is larger in diameter at .750" and runs the bigger M14 style extractor.

IMG_1603_zpsd4deb985.jpg

This action is designed to run CIP length .338 ammunition , ie the 300 grain loads. It will be fitted with a cut Border this week and will go in a folding AICS when they decide to make some.

Is this my one getting built?

It is indeed Sir. :D

Moved away from the fixed rail idea Dave.

I,ve supplied several actions now with a couple of rails , especially on .308,s where people want to use them out to 1200 yards, and 20 MOA isn't enough. With these actions you have the simple option of changing the rail. They are sat on two stainless dowel pins that are a very close tolerance fit. So close in fact, i reckon the gun could be fired without rail screws in and the scope wouldn't move.

You dont have that option with a fixed rail. I remember when I,d first built my own 338 on a surgeon. I tried to zero the 12-42 nxs and it would,t zero at 100 yards as the surgeon has a 35 MOA rail inbuilt. I had to change the scope.

Archived