rant about the police

dogfox

I would like to know what you guys think. Last night I went out lamping with a keeper mate for a fox ( I shot one). when he had a phone call to say that there was four guys in camo by a truck in a lay-by on the next estate over.

My mate phoned the keeper of the estate and we picked him up to have a look.To cut a long story short we caught the guys with air rifles poaching.We phoned the police.who then took ages to turn up.When the polce officer turned up on the seen he told all of use that we could go and that he would deal with the matter and he would talk to the keeper later. I have now found out that he gave them a caution and let them go.We had them bang to rights poaching with firearms and he let them go :D .

One of the things that really piss me off is.I have to jump through hoops to get firearms I am legally intitle to have and we now have a serious miss use of firearms and they let them go.

They want more supid legislation which effect all of use who uses firearms but they do not inforce the legislation already there.

rant over

We have had the same, more than once.

On one occasion my force followed a Transit van and stopped it over the border in another county. In the back were 50 or so pheasants, some of our white ones and two air rifles. The police has followed them coming out of a gateway in our shoot, they said they had permission and were let go. When we found out about it and advised that they did not have permission nothing further was done.

On another occasion a group of local keepers caught two poachers as they came back to their van, they had kept it under observation. It was parked in a small village, when teh poaches climed in three 4x4s boxed it in very tightly. Police turned up, over 50 birds. air rifles etc in the van, all warm. Police were not going prosecute untill the landowner who is pretty famous insisited that they did.

A

i know how you feel dog fox we have at the moment a problem with deer being poached on my farm down here in hampshire but my luck has changed we have just got a new beat officer and he seams to be down to earth reported the incidents to him and he said he would up the patrols in the local area to cover the farm and give the guy his due i have sean his little patrol car on more than one ocassion when i have been out lamping he even waited in our main drive way once untill we finished our shoot and asked if we had sean anything untoward top marks so far to our local hants police on there poaching patrol.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why they [Police] always send the Armed response unit {and a helicopter once] to me and surround me like its something from Hill street blues when I'm out lamping and yet when they catch some thievin poachin low life scuzz bucket they turn up in a panda and just caution them?????????????

Don't take the law into your own hands they would love you to do it so they could take your F/A's from you.

I wonder why they [Police] always send the Armed response unit {and a helicopter once] to me and surround me like its something from Hill street blues when I'm out lamping and yet when they catch some thievin poachin low life scuzz bucket they turn up in a panda and just caution them?????????????

Don't take the law into your own hands they would love you to do it so they could take your F/A's from you.

They always respond to a call with firearms involvment with a full turnout its the only way they justify their existence all

these units are desperate for calls

Guest varmartin

It could certainly bring some excitement to an other wise event less evening lamping session.

Picture it.....your quietly sitting having a muffled conversation with your lamp man...

when a stampede of night time special ninja YTS wet behind the ears fu** wits ambush you. Next thing you know is your looking down the barrel of an MP5 being held by a quivering 17 year old whippet who`s fore skin is still stuck to his helmet , screaming at you to not move a muscle.

Just make sure you take that fox call out of your mouth before you call them a bunch dumb ass Fu**tards, because sure as eggs are eggs one of those ricochet 9mm bullets is sure to hit you in the ass.

Martin

Guest varmartin

It was meant as a hypothetical situation of one possibility that may or may not happen, But the more one reads about it the more one can believe it has happened ( probably in a fictional drama ) don`t you watch ` Primeval` ? ;)

Martin

I can testicalfy ;) to something bad involving the police sorry a trained in firearms response police man actually happening

it involved a policeman and his new firearm/shotgun cert, the sale of a gas auto for the use for clay shooting, a local clay shooting club, the jaming and missfire of the shotgun and the policeman turning around to the watching crowd with a still loaded/hot shotgun and pointing it at people's legs waving it around repeatedly squeezing the trigger saying look it wont shoot

it caused a big problem/ upset as you could imagine and they guy was sevearly bollocked and warned

It could certainly bring some excitement to an other wise event less evening lamping session.

Picture it.....your quietly sitting having a muffled conversation with your lamp man...

when a stampede of night time special ninja YTS wet behind the ears fu** wits ambush you. Next thing you know is your looking down the barrel of an MP5 being held by a quivering 17 year old whippet who`s fore skin is still stuck to his helmet , screaming at you to not move a muscle.

Just make sure you take that fox call out of your mouth before you call them a bunch dumb ass Fu**tards, because sure as eggs are eggs one of those ricochet 9mm bullets is sure to hit you in the ass.

Martin

Martin,

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. I work on a police firearms unit and so far I have not had the pleasure of working with any 17 year old whippets, infact I would say that at least 70% of the lads I work with are ex forces, mainly PARA regt, marines and a couple of SBS. All least two served in the Falklands and all the others have either served in NI or the Gulf. WE do not decide what jobs we get sent to or for that matter any aspect of policy, ie what sort of calls will receive an armed response, that is all decided by senior officers far removed from actual policing. We also have to live with the fact that should we actually have to use a firearm, ie kill someone in the course of duty, we will get little or no support from the establishment. As an example, one of the guys I WORKED with a couple of years ago( I'll call him J) was sent as the crew of an ARV to a domestic call in fairly lare market town. When they arrived on scene J went to the front aspect of the property and as his crewmate started to make his way down the green/left side, the front door burst open and a bare chested male, who was covered from head to toe in blood and armed with a samurai sword in one hand and a glock pistol in the other, ran out at J sreaming that he was going spiral staircaseing kill him" J Shouted a challenge at the male which he either did not hear or completely ignored, J shot the male once in the body with his 9mm MP5, causing him to fall, J ran to the male removed his weapons, at which point he was joined by his crewmate and they both gave the suspect first aid till the ambulance arrived on scene. The suspect died on route to hospital. J was then basicaly treated as a murder suspect. His weapon, equipment and clothing were seized, he was interviewed as a suspect and the hirearchy washed their hands of him and he was left to fend for himself for the next 18 months whilst he waited to see if he would be charged with murder, and another 6 months for a coroners inquest. In the end it was established that the shooting was totally justified and no action would be taken against him. So for doing his job and protecting the public he and his young family had to endure two years of hell not knowing whether he would be facing a court appearance on a murder charge. As a result of all this J left the police and has now emigrated. He was an excellent officer and a loss to our team but we all respected his decision and understood why he no longer had any faith in the senior officers who had let him down so badly. By the way 2 years is not a particularly long time, there are cases of officers having to wait 5 years to find out whether they are to face court as a result of a police shooting.!!!

It was meant as a hypothetical situation of one possibility that may or may not happen, But the more one reads about it the more one can believe it has happened ( probably in a fictional drama ) don`t you watch ` Primeval` ? ;)

Martin

Martin if you have had the police out and they have given you a hard time while you were legitimately out shooting and minding your own business then I would better understand your comment, but as you haven't I do not understand why you would want to come out with such a statement.

As for watching 'Primeval' I don't, I only sit at home watching dvd's.

Martin,

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. I work on a police firearms unit and so far I have not had the pleasure of working with any 17 year old whippets, infact I would say that at least 70% of the lads I work with are ex forces, mainly PARA regt, marines and a couple of SBS. All least two served in the Falklands and all the others have either served in NI or the Gulf. WE do not decide what jobs we get sent to or for that matter any aspect of policy, ie what sort of calls will receive an armed response, that is all decided by senior officers far removed from actual policing. We also have to live with the fact that should we actually have to use a firearm, ie kill someone in the course of duty, we will get little or no support from the establishment. As an example, one of the guys I WORKED with a couple of years ago( I'll call him J) was sent as the crew of an ARV to a domestic call in fairly lare market town. When they arrived on scene J went to the front aspect of the property and as his crewmate started to make his way down the green/left side, the front door burst open and a bare chested male, who was covered from head to toe in blood and armed with a samurai sword in one hand and a glock pistol in the other, ran out at J sreaming that he was going spiral staircaseing kill him" J Shouted a challenge at the male which he either did not hear or completely ignored, J shot the male once in the body with his 9mm MP5, causing him to fall, J ran to the male removed his weapons, at which point he was joined by his crewmate and they both gave the suspect first aid till the ambulance arrived on scene. The suspect died on route to hospital. J was then basicaly treated as a murder suspect. His weapon, equipment and clothing were seized, he was interviewed as a suspect and the hirearchy washed their hands of him and he was left to fend for himself for the next 18 months whilst he waited to see if he would be charged with murder, and another 6 months for a coroners inquest. In the end it was established that the shooting was totally justified and no action would be taken against him. So for doing his job and protecting the public he and his young family had to endure two years of hell not knowing whether he would be facing a court appearance on a murder charge. As a result of all this J left the police and has now emigrated. He was an excellent officer and a loss to our team but we all respected his decision and understood why he no longer had any faith in the senior officers who had let him down so badly. By the way 2 years is not a particularly long time, there are cases of officers having to wait 5 years to find out whether they are to face court as a result of a police shooting.!!!

20ppc, I don't know how any of you guys get out of bed each day to go to work knowing that your next shout could mean that you are left out to dry on your own.

I know a couple of good blokes down here that are armed response and I have said the same to Mick that I don't know how he can go to work each day and what sort of job satisfaction you guys get when you are arresting the same people every week or month just for the courts to put them back on the streets.

This country should be backing out men and women that patrol our streets putting there lives on the line (so we can come on here with stupid comments like above). You boys should have all your team behind you no matter what the circumstances. You all work as a team and thats the way it should stay, all the way to the top, not to be treated as a murderer and made to sweat it out for years. It's about time this country stopped being so damn soft.

20ppc, I don't know how any of you guys get out of bed each day to go to work knowing that your next shout could mean that you are left out to dry on your own.

I know a couple of good blokes down here that are armed response and I have said the same to Mick that I don't know how he can go to work each day and what sort of job satisfaction you guys get when you are arresting the same people every week or month just for the courts to put them back on the streets.

This country should be backing out men and women that patrol our streets putting there lives on the line (so we can come on here with stupid comments like above). You boys should have all your team behind you no matter what the circumstances. You all work as a team and thats the way it should stay, all the way to the top, not to be treated as a murderer and made to sweat it out for years. It's about time this country stopped being so damn soft.

Agreed.

A

Guest varmartin
Martin,

Please accept my apologies for what I wrote...it was a knee jerk reaction to a recent conversation I had with a so called member of an armed response team and a friend of his.

This guy gave me the impression he was over excited and under educated to be part of his team. his mate was a squaddie on this air base I had to attend a breakdown on. He was telling me how he was called to an incident......and the story went on ....it was obvious neither of them new much about there jobs as they were talking about SA80`s and other arms they had both fired and when I asked what calibre rifles they used they seemed uncertain...

As to your post above ...I will re evaluate my thoughts of mature members of these units and think longer on the subject before I next post a story that may offend.

Martin

Please accept my apologies for what I wrote...it was a knee jerk reaction to a recent conversation I had with a so called member of an armed response team and a friend of his.

This guy gave me the impression he was over excited and under educated to be part of his team. his mate was a squaddie on this air base I had to attend a breakdown on. He was telling me how he was called to an incident......and the story went on ....it was obvious neither of them new much about there jobs as they were talking about SA80`s and other arms they had both fired and when I asked what calibre rifles they used they seemed uncertain...

As to your post above ...I will re evaluate my thoughts of mature members of these units and think longer on the subject before I next post a story that may offend.

Martin

Martin,

No need to appologise, I was just trying to show that there is always another side to an argument, its sounds like the two guys you came accross were a couple of idiots, walter mitty types. Most of the people I work with dont talk about the job, especially not with people they dont know.

Regards,

Nick

Guest varmartin

I can see the other side of the coin,

and on reflection I also agree that it must be a very hard job to do and feel for the guy ` J ` in your post. It was not right that he had to endure what he did...

Regards...Martin

I too would not fancy that job even for a very large salary, it begs the question why an official film camera is not present on such call outs to show why the officer has to respond in such a manner.

However it is far from a perfect world and we should be glad someone is prepared to do the job.

Redfox

Archived