For sale - Russell Gall 243 Ackley Improved

**************** No longer for sale - Now going to plan 'B'. More soon. ********************

Russell Gall 243 Ackley Improved
I have just put my Russell Gall 243 Ackley Improved up for sale on guntrader.

url removed as it has expired.

Please come back to me with any questions. Thanks JCS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A good number of folk have asked how this rifle shoots and I've always responded that it shoots quite well. However, I've been shown up by my Dad on Saturday. He asked for a shot in a howling gale at 100yds and dismissed the bipod as an inconvenience. I offered him my rucksack as a rest and at first it was too low, but then I turned it on its end and father was happy. He fired 3 shots from the prone position and then we went to look at the target. I wasn't best pleased at all. I can't shoot a 0.265 MOA 3 shot group (centre target) for love nor money, but at 88 and a bit, my Dad can. Clearly good training and 80+ years of practice are starting to pay off. The targets were shot in sequence 1, 2, 3 & 4. In target 3 my third shot blew it.

I'll be very sorry to part with this rifle, but when my Dad stops shooting, we're going to have too many deer legal rifles, so I need to trim the numbers.

Regards JCS

A good number of folk have asked how this rifle shoots and I've always responded that it shoots quite well. However, I've been shown up by my Dad on Saturday. He asked for a shot in a howling gale at 100yds and dismissed the bipod as an inconvenience. I offered him my rucksack as a rest and at first it was too low, but then I turned it on its end and father was happy. He fired 3 shots from the prone position and then we went to look at the target. I wasn't best pleased at all. I can't shoot a 0.265 MOA 3 shot group (centre target) for love nor money, but at 88 and a bit, my Dad can. Clearly good training and 80+ years of practice are starting to pay off. The targets were shot in sequence 1, 2, 3 & 4. In target 3 my third shot blew it.

I'll be very sorry to part with this rifle, but when my Dad stops shooting, we're going to have too many deer legal rifles, so I need to trim the numbers.

Regards JCS

Great to hear a story like that - good for him

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived