What about electronic dispensers???RCBS chargemaster???

craigyboy

Whatever Scott Parker does it definately works, my 10-10 does register single kernals and is quicker to use than my MXX-123 for trickling up charges.

For sorting case and bullets by weight the MXX-123 is quicker.

i have had a set of Scott parker 10 10 scales for some time now and you can indeed see 1 kernel added to the pan.

i have a brand new set of 505 and i have just got myself a set of rcbs charge master. for speed they are very very good.and i did read on 6mmbr you could actually speed them up if you so desired.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

The MX123 posts in the link mirror basically what I have said before, All scales of the electronic variety are bean counters, a circuit measures the change in the load cell resistance and a analog to digital converter chip sends the info to the display, which is only accurate to the least significant digit usually the last one but increasingly it may be the last two digits which you disregard, depends on the display and number of digits, this applies to all digital readout devices. The counting circuits are referenced to either another chip which is a surface acoustic wave device SAW or on the more expensive stuff a crystal which is mounted in a crystal oven to keep the temperature hence the crystal frequency , constant. The components on the circuit boards also change values as they warm up too, this all contributes to drift in the displayed readings, within reason the more you pay the more you get!

I have to say that I use an rcbs drop tube/measure set low a set of either 10-10 or 5-0-5 scales both of which I have adjusted and set for zero and a trickler, I can load 20 rounds or so before the electronic stuff is set up and ready to go and know the variation is very low.

I recently gave away a set of lab grade mechanical/optical scales to a fellow reloader and he is tickled pink with them as they will weigh up to 1kg in .01 grammes or .001 grains as he wants, but again they need to be mounted on a solid level surface, an office desk is not really much good as it moves with humidity and vibrates with any movement around it, he got a piece of marble off a local funeral directors where the machine had messed up the lettering so I think it only cost him a tenner or so.!

I thought I had finished with all this stuff 4 yrs ago but happy to refresh my memory on you guys :rolleyes:

Redfox

Archived