very kind quickload users, some data if you dont mind.

craigyboy

Due to the crappy situation over here at the minute with powders and export, I wont bore you with the details, I have 2 powders to use relaoder 7 an BL-C (2)

I am looking to use the reloader 7 with the 32g v-max in my tactical 20 (I know this is a less than optimum powder but needs must) and BL-C (2) for 40g v-max, I would really appreciate it if some kind quickload user could run this through the program. I was going to take a stab at it and guess on a start load but think that would be very very silly, I just need something to get me started. I need to invest in quickload myself sometime soon. Thanks

H322, N133 and relaoder 10x, all of which are like hens teeth here at the minute, the powder import permit for our importer here ran out and its being renewed at the minute he got stopped with a load of powder on stena line saying they wont carry it cause the permit has expired, just another hurdle the Northern Ireland shooter has to face, its a pity I couldnt just drive over the water and come back home with some but i dont think its legal.

Craigy

It wouldn't be illegal from this end I dont think to buy powder and take it back with you but I aint sure as to the rules & regs for the ferry.

Doest that mean you can buy powder on the mainland without any permit?

Craig,

a while back last summer, I was surfing the www and came across www.smallcalibernews.com, which I am sure you have too. As they were celebrating their 10th anniversary they had a fantastic offer: all their back issues (close to 40 as some were out of stock) for $150. Given the exchange rate at the moment, this was a pittance for the wealth of information and the quality of the data these journals provided, with the TAC20 featuring heavily in many guises (varmint, light sporter rifles and handguns). Additional to that Tod Kindler (designer of the TAC20), the editor for this publication publishes the 'terrific twenties' which is a loading manual for all cases in this calibre. It may be worth getting as it is only $33 (£17) and Tod will also answer the phone if you ring the 'woodchuck den'. He has helped me when I was trying to sort out seating depths and powders for the .204Ruger. His words: 'get some RL10x', and I bought the last 2 tins my gunsmith stored.

Bottom line: may be the best £17 you are going to spend as the guy shows 500yd hits with the TAC20 and the info in it is extensive. May buy it myself if I get lost with the .204 again...

best wishes,

Finman

PS: he also uses N135, H4198 and H335 amongst others, but don't know the exact loads.

Finman I am already a member of scn its a good mag. If I could get 10x or any of the more normal powders I would be using it, just at the minute its impossible to get it. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Due to the crappy situation over here at the minute with powders and export, I wont bore you with the details, I have 2 powders to use relaoder 7 an BL-C (2)

I am looking to use the reloader 7 with the 32g v-max in my tactical 20 (I know this is a less than optimum powder but needs must) and BL-C (2) for 40g v-max, I would really appreciate it if some kind quickload user could run this through the program. I was going to take a stab at it and guess on a start load but think that would be very very silly, I just need something to get me started. I need to invest in quickload myself sometime soon. Thanks

Quickload virsion 3.2 and upwards has tac 20

The R7 with a 24" barrel. 32 vmax. 20gns R7 = 3626 FPS start :lol:

The R7 with a 24" barrel. 32 vmax. 21gns R7 = 3760 FPS hot ;)

The BLC2 with a 24" barrel. 40 vmax. 25gns BLC2 = 3626 FPS start :D

The BLC2 with a 24" barrel. 40 vmax. 26gns BLC2 = 3626 FPS hot ;)

hope this is of some help

thanks JMS, looks like velocity is a bit low with those powders.

Archived