leupold mk4 m1 10 x40

smokin

Dave,

Most Leupolds can be re-turreted, I've just had one done and all up it was less than £100 including shipping, was a fast turn round to.

Only problem is the IATA thing, Leupold will not do it ot any scope that has been adopted by the US military (actually might be any military, have to check) so if you've a Mk4 that carries a NSN they will not do it for you, even if you already have it 'outside' the US, bit of a bugger really.

T

He brought it back, and his money was refunded. All four are still sat there at the bargain price of £699.

Baldie i will take you up on £699 for the four

when you next open.

• 5 weeks later...

Good on you for shots at such extremes of range. If you are confident in your equipment at that range , then have at it buddy.

The point i was making, is that 1. I simply wouldn,t shoot at any animal at that range, regardless of what it was, and 2. I want nothing less than a perfect aim, and a turret that wont give me that is of no use to me. Small animals are just that. The point of aim has to be exact, otherwise you miss.

I can see the M3 turret being ok on a group of Hinds. The kill zone is a big target comparatively.What do you have on a Hind really ? a 6 inch circle containing the vitals to drop the animal at 100 yards ? I dont know, i,m not a deershooter . Thats a big target, even for a scope that moves one inch every click.

Now compare that with a rabbit head, or the middle of a crow...lets say a 2" kill at best. Not much margin for error on a scope that moves an inch per click is there?

Horses for courses.

I,m half tempted to contact Leupold and see if these 4 scopes can be re-turretted to 1/4" MOA...they are that good optically. Like Leups used to be 20 years since.

I had a 8.5-25 m1 turret mk4 about 10 years ago and the glass was superb - we tested them back to back with s&b/nightforce and they had the best glass in the opinion of the 3 testers, admittedly we know bugger all about the job in comparison to some guys on here and also glass is subjective to some degree but those I had were faultless - maybe I got lucky - at the time the guy said nightforce were a solid scope but the glass was a bit fishbowly :D

Archived