Tikka 595 magazine

Hi you lot

Have any ov you lot got a Tikka 595 mag from a 22.250 ????? for sale

Or swap for a 243 one, This will let you seat your bullets out to the lands and still get them in your mag.

If you have one for sale or swap shoot us a PM please.

Thanks for your time

Colin :)

Col

the 22-250 and 243 mags will fit either case mate.

I run my 22-250 on a 243 mag.

Or am I missing something?

Col

the 22-250 and 243 mags will fit either case mate.

I run my 22-250 on a 243 mag.

Or am I missing something?

hi ronin

the 22.250 box mag is internally smaller than the 243 one, this lets you seat the bullets out further in the 243 box mag.

but this is not what i / a friend needs, he requires the 22.250 box mag, as this box mag is slightly shorter (internally),and i think the side Walls that hold your case in are slightly longer, this will let a 6mm BR feed with out doing any work to the box mag, or so I'm told, so i would like to try one to see if the rumors are true before i alter the other mag.

so if anyone has one in a draw they don't need,i will buy it from them

or if any one has one to borrow me to try, then i would pay next day shipping from you to me and then back again.

as i believe you can still get the mags new, and this will save me buying one to find out they don't work.

ATB

I think you'll find that they are exactly the same internally as well as externally.

At least mine were.

Also if anyone knows of 3 round mag for a m55 short action let me know.

I think you'll find that they are exactly the same internally as well as externally.

At least mine were.

Also if anyone knows of 3 round mag for a m55 short action let me know.

strange as i have asked a lot of people and they all say the same, the box mags all have different sized spacers in side them, and thats how they made them fit different calibers,

i actually altered a 22.250 one so i could get my rounds in the mag.

but i don't want to get in to a discussion/argument about it,

its quit simple i would like to see if it is true. as this info came from 6mm BR and I'm inclined to believe it.

ATB

strange as i have asked a lot of people and they all say the same, the box mags all have different sized spacers in side them, and thats how they made them fit different calibers,

i actually altered a 22.250 one so i could get my rounds in the mag.

but i don't want to get in to a discussion/argument about it,

its quit simple i would like to see if it is true. as this info came from 6mm BR and I'm inclined to believe it.

ATB

Mine was supply by JLS Arms the Tikka main dealers at the time so I never bothered to question them. Why would you, they are the ones that are supposed to know?

The mags for my M55 are the same for 308, 243, or 22.250. The guy who would know for definite would be Brian whats his name the JLS gunsmith.

I have his number some where if you don't have it.

hi to all

i know what you mean col the tikka 595 mag for 22/250 has a spacer block in it,i adjusted mine so you could load 10 thou off the lands and be loaded in the mag ok, but i had the same rifle in tikka 595 in .243 which was much beter to use in the 22/250. i had a tikka 55 super sport in 22/250 and had it rebarreled to 6mmbr and it loads from the mag ok.

The plastic 595 mags are indeed different between the two calibres and have a different serial number

Not only does the 250 version have a spacer at the back but the "lips" are longer which will obviously alter the angle the case enters the chamber.This obviously suits the 6BR case in a Tikka chamber

So Col was correct in the first place :DB)

The plastic 595 mags are indeed different between the two calibres and have a different serial number

Not only does the 250 version have a spacer at the back but the "lips" are longer which will obviously alter the angle the case enters the chamber.This obviously suits the 6BR case in a Tikka chamber

So Col was correct in the first place :lol::P

well Tim it was only a matter of time,and i was bound to get one right B):P:lol:

it just remains to be seen if it feed the BR, :D

ATB

Colin :D

Archived