Another Grey one

kip270

Went for a walk with the .17hmr, for some vermin, with Squirrel my main quarry. There seems to be a few about this year, and with the Hazel and Beech tree's having good crops, they have no shortage of food just now.

Scanning the hedgerows i spotted this squirrel some 180yards from me, so i stalked closer, and it went back into the wood, so i got to where i could see the Hazel tree and lead down in ambush. I pinged the area i saw the squirrel in 70 yards, lovely, so i just waited.

The branches on the Hazel tree were moving, so i scanned with my bins and could see the Squirrel collecting nuts, and knew it would be back out in the field to store some, so i just had to be patient. After approx 10mins it came back into the field, i got myself ready with the rifle, and waited for the shot, it ran for about five yards then stood up to check everything was OK. My cross-hairs were on it's chest and i squeezed off my shot, "Thwack" one squirrel :)

IMG00154.jpg

nice shot, never shot a squirrel myself as there aint any in my area just a few reds.

Archived