Tikka 595 question

alled12

Silly question I have a tikka 595 master sporter in 22-250, I would like to convert it to 20 practical. The bolt face is a bit of an issue. Does anyone know if you can still get replacement bolts for these or is it a shrouding job etc. Any points would be much appreciated.

Silly question I have a tikka 595 master sporter in 22-250, I would like to convert it to 20 practical. The bolt face is a bit of an issue. Does anyone know if you can still get replacement bolts for these or is it a shrouding job etc. Any points would be much appreciated.

prob cost abit. i think you would be better off selling it and getting a cheap 223 or 222 m595 to have done

i asked a similar question to a gunsmith about having my M595 223 bolt face opened for a rebuild, it was easier and cheaper to have a different action than me peruse the bolt and rebalrrel job.

anything is possible just comes down to price.

i did see a M595 for sale somewhere cheap, if i can remember i'll let you know.

atb Richard

Guest dasherman

GMK will not supply/dont have any 595 bolts, I asked last year. Bolt face can be bushed as ejector plunger hole is in the same position for .223 b/face as .308 b/face. You would need a .223 extractor and the bushing either tiged or silver soldered in. Easier to buy a donar rifle with the correct bolt face. A .308 b/face will work with a ppc case by fitting the .223 extractor.

Why does that not surprise me with GMK. Thanks for the info Neil, I will keep it all in mind. It is pretty much as I suspected I need to buy the right action all though the fact that with a different extractor fitted you could use it for the ppc case. Is this an easy job and how does it work with accuracy? Cheers for all the comments so far, keep them coming and tell me what a fool I am.

Archived