Hard worth but worth it.

charly hunter

Out last night again with my mate Doug and my son too, it was hard work last night as it was so still we could hardly be quiet enough. But although I had to work hard to get any fox to respond we di manage another 3 Doug shooting 2 and my son had a 1 and this one was a large and very old vixen apart from her teeth and a part of her tail missing she was in fine fettle.

Doug's first fox of the evening hit right in the face with a 40gr nostler from id 22-250 at 45yds it stood no chance, I'm not sure about the smoke beside him it wasn't there when I took the pic?????

doug1jt0.jpg

David's Vixen at 153yds was a hard job to keep her still long enough for a shot, I guess that is how she has lived for so long.

oldvixenvw7.jpg

Doug's second fox was a good long range heart shot to finish the night off a treat.

doug2sq5.jpg

There seems to be a lot about this year, I have had 40 foxes in the last 3 months.

You boys are doing very well Nigel!!

Keep up the good work!!!! ;) ;)

All the very best.................

RAY............. :D;)

I generally take him out once a week Martin, just latley we have been going out on a Monday or Tuesday for the day and then again on a Friday night, got some good footage of Doug the other day knocking over a magpie at 178 yds and a woodie off a branch at about 70yds (down hill with a steep hill behind) with his 22-250 when looking for the woodie we found that the whole back end was gone not to be found anywhere. That was the same day I recorded him shooting where a fox was at 200 and 250 yds and missing on both occasion but to be fair to him it was blowing 16mph plus. He was more upset that he missed this one because it was in such a bad way, it was the mangy one that Jamie shot the other night, so no more suffering for him now.

Archived