MTC Scopes

onehole

Hi,I suspect many of these scopes are used on air rifles etc,22,s so not sure what experiences you guys may have had with this provider.I have had one for sometime sitting on top of my air arms precharged and in that role functioned very well.Now that I have sold my air rifle and been swopping various scopes around it is now sitting on my 17hmr but prior to fitting I tried to fault it with a few tests.I know its a relatively cheap scope in every way but it seems to dial and return to aim reliably in every which way,parallax adjustments do not alter point of aim and magnification changes stay rock solid on point of aim too!!Moving and wriggling the fast focus eye piece also holds the reticule in place on the target,something 2nd focal plane scopes can have problems with!!Glass quality is "ok" 6X at night is very good but the general build qualty seems "cheap" but overall quite a pleasing scope for the money,certainly good enough for the "fit for purpose 17".I might add that I clamped the scope down to a solid bench to test its functions.

Has anyone else got,used or have any comment,cheers Onehole.

Hi,I suspect many of these scopes are used on air rifles etc,22,s so not sure what experiences you guys may have had with this provider.I have had one for sometime sitting on top of my air arms precharged and in that role functioned very well.Now that I have sold my air rifle and been swopping various scopes around it is now sitting on my 17hmr but prior to fitting I tried to fault it with a few tests.I know its a relatively cheap scope in every way but it seems to dial and return to aim reliably in every which way,parallax adjustments do not alter point of aim and magnification changes stay rock solid on point of aim too!!Moving and wriggling the fast focus eye piece also holds the reticule in place on the target,something 2nd focal plane scopes can have problems with!!Glass quality is "ok" 6X at night is very good but the general build qualty seems "cheap" but overall quite a pleasing scope for the money,certainly good enough for the "fit for purpose 17".I might add that I clamped the scope down to a solid bench to test its functions.

Has anyone else got,used or have any comment,cheers Onehole.

i have had 3 and still got one. i had the 3x12x44 with the scb rectical had it on fac stalker s10 rifle. great for that but sold it when i sold the rifle.

i had the same again but in 4x16x50 that was on a 22lr i used for bunny bashing and found it very good if a little heavy. but then put it on my 22/250 when i 1st had it. didnt use it to dial in so cant comment on that. but the glass was clear enough. over 200 yards at night tho on 10 mag things where harder to see as clear.

dont get me wrong i could still see the fox but the image was nowhere nr as clear as the conquest and victory i have now. but for the money it would be unfair to compare it to them.

now have the mamba 3x12x44 with the german dot ret in it on a 22lr annie. again abit heavy but its a great bunny basher. due to the better retical then the scb ones i had before as its not as busy. for the money there hard to beat.

i wouldnt put it on my centrefire again tho

I've had two MTCs and my bunnying buddy one. My two broke mounted on centerfires, my mates was on a .22rf. His rifle was propped against a tree. It slipped and fell onto damp grassy soil. It broke. I've lost count how many times i've bashed my leup vx3 against fences etc and still it holds it's setting.

OK ! I know Leups and MTCs are worlds apart in cost and that's reflected in the MTCs lack of robustness. It's also reflected in MTCs appalling one year warranty.

I've been pretty lucky with the scopes i've bought over the years but if there are two brands i will never buy again due to the rubbish build quality, it's Nikko Sterling and MTC.....

Guest Scotland Rifles

got to be honest with this,

i would only use a MTC scope on a rifle if i was selling both the rifle and scope on as a package deal,

don't rate the build quality, the rets are to fine and only any use to air gunners, the finish is like a light sand paper and turns white as it collects your skin from your hands when using the scope etc,

under the lamp they are not that good above the middle mag range no matter what scope you choose to use from MTC. white out is also a common problem when using higher mag scopes of this build quality and i would not have one on any rifle of mine.i rate them well below Bushnell scopes and thats saying some thing from me as i HATE Bushnell scopes, overrated bog roll tubes.

the reticule adjusters have little or not positive movement/clicks to count when dialing in, the side-wheel focus adjuster is so far out for range finding 9again aimed at the airgun boys) but totally useless for the intended/correct use.

been a lot said about the companies customer support, quick turn around when there is so many problems, would it not be better to up the build quality to lower the return rate,

and finally on a personal point i sent a scope back as the illumination device kept coming off the rear of the scope, i was told they do a modification to it, no problem with the repair and speed of service, but i got a different scope back, and that to me spoke volumes about the quality,

i sold it on to another shooter who i informed i had sent it back etc, and i have never had one since,

i do know that there are a lot of happy users out there and good luck to them and MTC scopes and long my they continue to do good business enabling them to carry forward the projected new scopes for those who like them.

bob.

I have been using a 6-24x56 Viper on my HMR and for the money they are a decent scope I have also been using a 3-12x44 Mamba on my .22lr. I prefer the Mamba to the viper as it doesn't have the bulky target turrets though.

I have however changed these for an 8x56 and 6x42 Schmidt bender recently as I wanted better clarity in poor light conditions and found that I didn't really alter the mag for field use so a fixed mag scope was more practical for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they are bringing a new scope out and according to a certain moderator on another forum the scope is going to "to shock a few of the diehard NF owners as the glass is waay ahead" make of that what you like :rolleyes:

Yes i read that post and must say that the certain moderator & a certain MTC Representative are best of friends so only time will tell, not been a great fan of the MTC scopes like many others :mellow:

Apparently they are bringing a new scope out and according to a certain moderator on another forum the scope is going to "to shock a few of the diehard NF owners as the glass is waay ahead" make of that what you like :rolleyes:

I would'nt beleive a word that the well known mod of the other site say's.

I have heard that he can shoot at 1000yds using nothing but hold over. But so can i, i just would'nt hit anything.

atb

remy

MTC scopes = white out and very poor in low light. You only have to look at the number for sale on certain forums - they certainly don't seem to be keepers. There are better scopes for the money imo, Simmons being one.

Guest Scotland Rifles

I would'nt beleive a word that the well known mod of the other site say's.

I have heard that he can shoot at 1000yds using nothing but hold over. But so can i, i just would'nt hit anything.

atb

remy

LMFAO.

I know who your on about and thats the best one yet, i can't read his comments on his scopes nor do i wish too. but i have had a couple and never again.

bob.

Archived