Howa's are sh!t

between the eyes

I have just treated myself to a scope, it's a Smidt & Bender 8 x 56 and I put it on my Howa .308.

I also reloaded a new round using the same ingredients as before but just beefed it up from 43.2 grains to 44 grains, the rifle loves this load and the results speak for them selves.

Now when I got this scope I decided to get some new mounts too, I went into a gun shop near Scarborough and told him that I thought that I would need medium mounts for the rifle due to the size of the S&B, he asked what rifle it was for and I told him that it was for my Howa .308, to which he went on to tell me that Howas were that which promotes growth and vigour and he wouldn't sell them because they only gave 4 minutes of angle! What a load of that which promotes growth and vigour. I won't use this shop again, every time I have been in there (3 times) he has wound me up! Anyway Howa's are that which promotes growth and vigour as the photo will prove!

3 shots at 100 yards in an open field.

DSC00009.jpg

If I had a custom rifle I would be very happy with that group, and this from a inexpensive rifle, well I think that thats more than good enough.

PS, the shot that you can see at the bottom right was from during the initial sighting up. (honest Guv!)

goes to show its the scope that makes a rifle accurate, if you cant see what your shooting at then your never gonna hit it! crackin group, you wont be dissapointed with your S&B top quality stalkin scope, the only reason i got rid of mine was because i started tryin to hit things at silly distances! dont get me wrong im still TRYIN to hit them, lol i'll get em one day!

I have a gun shop local who is like that , no matter what gun it is i have he has a prob with whoever makes it. Think some people are just like that .

YOU KNOW WITH SOME PEOPLE ,IF ANT A 3000 QUID RIFLE AND A 2000 QUID TUBE YOU WOUNDT HIT ANY THING, THATS WHAT THEY THINK ,if howa's are that which promotes growth and vigour why do they sell so many of them then ,good rifle ,good shooting atb steve

I've never shot a Howa but they seem to get consistently good reviews. I did handle one in my local gunshop and the action seemed very smooth, most impressed. I think I would just give the gunshop referred too a wide berth, sounds like he hasn't got a clue what he's speaking about.

Full agreement with above. I bought one in 7mmWSM to sell on three years ago. After breaking the barrel in and working on the trigger I shot several sub 1" groups at 200yds with 140gn Sierras (Leupold VXIII on top). Now my favoured stalking rifle, as deadly on anything I may come across - and light!. (No mod as I find the recoil surprisingly acceptable).

Archived