disability regulations

remy17

could anybody please give me any advice on the rules/regulations (scotland) with respect to disabled access to a shooting club. i know the health and safety and disability regulations regarding equal rights for disabled people came into force a while ago regarding access to public areas (banks,shops,restraunts,ect), but i was wondering how it would affect a "private" shooting club ie paying club members ......do they need to install the relevant disability aids (wheelchair access,ramps,handrails,toilet facilities,lowered shooting points) or do they not need to bother due to argueing thats its a private club. your thoughts and knowledge on this would be very much appreciated.

If you dont have any one and have never had a visitor that needs those facilities I would argue the so far as reasonably practicable clause on this issue but be prepared to fit and adapt if it becomes aparent that some club members may need these facilities. I know some small clubs that would fold if they had to go to the expenses as you describe.

Dave

Archived