20 moa rail help

22/250 foxer

hi guys ive just odered a rail for my winchester because i can get the scope back enough to suite my eye relief right on the standard leupold weaver bases. the rail will let me have abit morre room for error.

now there are 2 choices 0moa and 20 moa. ive ordered the 20 even tho with my 1 in 14 twist its going to limit my long range shooting but i guessed if i go to a different caliber in the future or rebarrel in a 1 in 9 twist for 22/250 in the future so i can push the heavier bullets to let me shoot longer range targets.

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO ASK YOU GUY some people have said i might find it hard to zero at 100 yards now with a 20 moa rail has anyone who has got one on a rifle found this ? i no it will depend on the amount of scope adjustment your scope has. mine is the zeiss victory 6x24x56 if thats any help.

i need to find out so i can swap the order if need be. before its posted :):)

you should be fine.I have a 20moa rail on a rem action on my 300 win mag...

Tha scope is a nightforce nxs 8-32x56 and have no hassles at getting a 100 zero.

A quick check you can do is if your current set up is zeroed at 100 try to drop your point of impact by 20 moa on you scope. If your able to wind your elevation down by 20 moa and some you should be good to go with a 20 moa rail..

Good luck

Archived