firearms law

foxshot

Today i was asked a question which i couldnt realy answer fully,this person has permision to shoot rabbits using a 17 r.f on some land the only way to shoot safely is to shoot from someons back garden as this way he is shooting away from houses rather than to them,i would have thought providing he is shooting safely it would be ok,what he wanted to know was do you have to be a certain distance away from houses to use a firearm

Today i was asked a question which i couldnt realy answer fully,this person has permision to shoot rabbits using a 17 r.f on some land the only way to shoot safely is to shoot from someons back garden as this way he is shooting away from houses rather than to them,i would have thought providing he is shooting safely it would be ok,what he wanted to know was do you have to be a certain distance away from houses to use a firearm

No

As long as you have permission to shoot on from the house and your round (shot) lands on your permission then you are legal.

you can even shoot over land you don't have permission as long as the bullet lands on your permission.if the bullet does land on land you have not got permission then this is trespass. (i believe that's the term)

hope this helps

ATB

Colin

There is also I believe a requirement not to discharge a firearm within 30 feet of a public right of way.

A

Its 50ft from the center of the public highway/right of way but only if it causes distress, alarm, hinders right of way etc etc

Mark

Archived