Out with the ppc!!!!

varminter

One of my local farms has decided to re-rake a couple of very rough fields ready for re-seeding so i told the farmer i will be keeping a close eye on these fields from bunnies and crows!!

So i thought tonight after work i shall park up at one of my favorite vantage points overlooking these fields..

Was chatting to Darrel on the phone when a Bunnie showed so after i finished chatting to Darrel i prepared for the shot!!

Range was 390yds so i put in the necessary corrections and missed the bugger!! hit just left!!

Waited for 15 minutes and he was out again with his buddie - So range was 391yds dialed in for corrections and bang slap!!

Thats number 1 , his mate came out latter for a look at the same 391yds and got him too!!!

I finished on a 340yds Bunnie , so all in all a very good evening :(DSCF1459.jpg

All the best lads and hope to meet some of you at the game fair :D:(

RAY....................... :D:(

the ppc strikes again. Gota say to ray that that sako is one of the nicest looking rifles ever made, love the stock and the action finish. I was for buying one myself but wanted a .204 and they didnt make it in it, when I build my 6.5-284 I will be building something very similar in looks.

the ppc strikes again. Gota say to ray that that sako is one of the nicest looking rifles ever made, love the stock and the action finish. I was for buying one myself but wanted a .204 and they didnt make it in it, when I build my 6.5-284 I will be building something very similar in looks.

Thanks for that craigyboy :(:D

Yes its a shame that sako stopped making the 75 varmint in 6ppc!! My rifle has had a new krieger 23 inch / 1 in 12 twist / 270 neck barrel fitted by callum Ferguson ( a true gent :( ) ...

I shall be doing a writeup on this rifle since its been done by callum later in the year!!!

This rifle just loves 58 v-maxs and i have some deer legal 85 grain noslers i want to try on some roe too!!!

I like my rifles to do triple duty - target / varmint and deer ( roe and fallow does)..........

I see you have decided to go for the 6.5-284!! Should be ideal for the larger species and for long range target and varmint too!!!

What kind of platform are you going to have your 6.5-284 based on???

Happy varminting.................................

RAY............................... :D:(

Ill be going for a light varmint type set-up, maybe a stiller predator action, ACI laminate sporter stock and a pac-nor barrel 22 inch, not sure what twist but probably want to shoot 140g bullets, I the same as you want a triple duty machine. I need to be able to walk with it, shoot big deer and if I feel like it for some fun hve a crack at shooting out to 1000 metres at my local MOD range. Hopefully the rifle wont come in at more than 10 lbs, probably put a swarovski 6-24 on it.

Hi ray,

As always my mate it was a pleasure to talk to you :D

Our phone has gone a bit dicky as you guest???? anyway we did have a good night??

One rabbit, one pigeon, and what we went out for was a bit of ratting at one of my mate,s farm!!

So we ended up getting 11 of them little buggers :( , you cant beat a bit of ratting!!!!!!! :D

Ray, i am going to try and get to the came fair on the saterday???? it would be a shame you lads coming all the way from cornwall and not being able to meet up?????

Hopefully ray my sako ppc will be off to scotland on thursday for the bedding and the pillars to be done and some hex head bolts fitted instead of the screw driver type of bolt.

I will let you know how i get on????? all the best from wales darrel :(

P.S Good shooting by the way!!! you had a good there my mate????

Sounds nice craigyboy ;) ;)

My 6.5-284 has a twist rate of 1 in 8.5 , shall look forward to when you get her done!!!

Darrel was a pleasure talking to you again buddy and good to hear you had a good evening too!!

Shall look forward to seeing the results of your bedding job on your sako ppc ;) ;)

As for game fair it would be great if you could make it too!!! :D;)

Dave shall look forward to meeting up again :D;)

All the very best.............

RAY............................... :D;)

Nice Shooting Ray

308Panther...

Nice way to chill after a days work Ray and again some good long range shots

Thanks guys ;) ;)

Always good to have some time out in the countryside after a day at work!!!

All the best,................

RAY.............................. ;) ;)

Archived