Berger bullets

nicholiath

I have been loading 35gn V Max for my hornet and using neck sized brass with light crimp with good results.:)

I got some berger varmint HP 30gn to try when i was seating them today i noticed that quite a few were very loose! in that you could easily push them in the neck! i even had one bullet fall out and spill powder as i turned it over:eek:

This has never happened with the V Max:D

I think i may have to full length resize cases to load the the berger bullets!

Anyone else had similar experience?

I have been loading 35gn V Max for my hornet and using neck sized brass with light crimp with good results.:ph34r:

I got some berger varmint HP 30gn to try when i was seating them today i noticed that quite a few were very loose! in that you could easily push them in the neck! i even had one bullet fall out and spill powder as i turned it over:eek:

This has never happened with the V Max:D

I think i may have to full length resize cases to load the the berger bullets!

Anyone else had similar experience?

I have recently been suffering from this problem and was asked if I had annealed lately, having done so they are staing the correct size when neck sized - makes all the difference!

I have recently been suffering from this problem and was asked if I had annealed lately, having done so they are staing the correct size when neck sized - makes all the difference!

I traced the source of my problem to my neck sizing die. It was gummed up inside and was not compressing and releasing reliably everytime, hence the odd loose neck. I have stripped and cleaned it and now it works perfectly.

Archived