Crow killing rabbit

Alycidon

Yesterday evening I a watched a crow kill an apparantly healthy adult rabbit. I have never seen this before, the rabbit was killed by repated stabs by the crows beak to the rabbit's head and neck and took about 5 or 6 minutes.

I had a rifle out PDQ but it flew off as soon as it saw me, I thought I would wait it out, wrong, but as soon as I went back indoors it was back. This time a sitting shot through the garden hedge at about 220 yards downhill saw me part its legs, a shade low but it was a clean barrell. It did not come back and this morning something had removed the carcase of the rabbit.

Has anyone else seen a crow do this?, no not fly off laughing having been missed but kill a rabbit.

A

Yesterday evening I a watched a crow kill an apparantly healthy adult rabbit. I have never seen this before, the rabbit was killed by repated stabs by the crows beak to the rabbit's head and neck and took about 5 or 6 minutes.

I had a rifle out PDQ but it flew off as soon as it saw me, I thought I would wait it out, wrong, but as soon as I went back indoors it was back. This time a sitting shot through the garden hedge at about 220 yards downhill saw me part its legs, a shade low but it was a clean barrell. It did not come back and this morning something had removed the carcase of the rabbit.

Has anyone else seen a crow do this?, no not fly off laughing having been missed but kill a rabbit.

A

I have a field by me that is moving with rabbits & we have a wee park for kids with an old railway line at it too & moving with rabbits & we have plenty hoodies aswell. I have seen the hoodies take the young rabbits & the big rabbits attack the hoodie many times here over the years & i see them at the young song birds & black birds & i take a hoodie or two with the larson trap out my garden. Seen a pair of pigeons at a hoodie this morning trying to raid the nest & saw a hoodie yesterday at jackdaws nest in an old tree with two pairs mobing the hoddie.

• 3 weeks later...

i seen a Carrion Crow having a go on a black cat on a country lane the other evening i think it was after what the cat had by its feet ..i shot 3 young Carrion Crows last night :blink: chick killers

Archived