Luton Rifle & pistol club sporting rifle comp

After our mediocre performance at the UKV comp, Bluebell & i are competing in our clubs annual sporting rifle shoot this Sunday. We both need to rebuild our confidence so we'll be out to win.....

The shoot comprises of 20 + shots in variable positions ( prone , sitting , kneeling ) at a photo target of a small roe deer ( the one they used to use for the DSC ). All done at 200 yards against the clock just to get the adrenalin flowing.

I'll take some pics and do a write up on Monday so you guys can have a giggle at our exploits.

Bluebell would normally use her .243 Sako 75 but it's in for threading at the mo, so she'll be using my T3.

At least she'll have an excuse in using an unfamiliar rifle if her scores are low.. :D

Wish us luck guys....

Grant...

The clubs mainstay is gallery rifle and shoots in the basement of Lewsey farm community centre 2 or 3 nights a week. It's a four lane 25 meter range with very good fume extraction but shooting black powder pistol can be a challenge..lol..

Over the years we have used a number of ranges for centrefire rifle including bassingbourn barracks but nowadays we only use bisley..

Any info you'd like can be gleaned from our website.... http://lrpc.club.officelive.com/default.aspx

Rgds,

Grant..

Archived