last shot with the .204, nearly made it.

craigyboy

just spotted this boy strutting his stuff in the field behind my house about an hour ago, lucky I had a few shots down the tube from last nite's foxing trip and I hadnt cleaned her yet as this boy was sitting at 280 yards with a 5mph quatering wind from the right so i needed to be on the ball, dropped him on the spot from the kitchen window! This is probably the last shot I will have with this rifle before it goes in for its new barrel and bedding job. I had set a goal of a 300 yard crow with the .204 ruger and never quite made it previous longest was 240 yards, nearly got it at the last but not quite 20 yards short, ill have to set a 400 yard crow goal for the tac20.

STP60850.jpg

nah ruger shooter, I wont need the variation as when I applied for the .204 ruger I applied for a .204 calibre rifle, which covers all the .204's, if it had of said on my liscence under the calibre heading: .204 ruger then I would have had to re-apply but as it only says .204 so I am fine as the tac .20 still shoots a .204 bullet. No such thing as factory ammo for this one strictly speaking its a wildcat chambering though it is becoming very mainstream. I havent shot factory ammo since I bought my reloading press, I could never go back to the factory stuff.

nah ruger shooter, I wont need the variation as when I applied for the .204 ruger I applied for a .204 calibre rifle, which covers all the .204's, if it had of said on my liscence under the calibre heading: .204 ruger then I would have had to re-apply but as it only says .204 so I am fine as the tac .20 still shoots a .204 bullet. No such thing as factory ammo for this one strictly speaking its a wildcat chambering though it is becoming very mainstream. I havent shot factory ammo since I bought my reloading press, I could never go back to the factory stuff.

Craigyboy, so does that mean that i can just go to the dealer & buy a replacement for my Howa .204 without going for a one for one variation?

i fancy the CZ Varmint in .204

To change rifles you will need a one for one variation. To have an existing rifle rebarrelled in the same diameter caliber you don't.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks, I though I'd missed something.

Regards

Geoff I think she has got used to gunfire now, she doesnt even flinch! During the summer I had my load testing bench set up right below the kitchen window firing into one of ours fields, it was dead handy but she got a wee bit sick of it especially when I pulled the mod off! I must live under the best place in the world, teh crows and pigeons are constanly crossing my house as they roost close by + all around me is barely feilds, so you can imagine the fun I am having these days (right out my back door too)

Archived