Lamps For Busting Bunnies???

Does anybody have a recommendation for a small self contained lamp/torch to go on a .22LR for single handed bunny busting?

I currently use a flull size Cluson, but given that I'm only shooting out to 60 yards or so using subsonics, I feel this is overkill. In particular the cables and battery pack ect are a PITA....

Any thoughts or suggests?

now i am a clulite man thru n thru i have couple of their lamps.....excellent too.... and their car sucker mount kit for there lamps are top products too!!

but......

ther e been a lot of talk bout these lights and problems

thread on PW forums form a guy who had it fail in colder temps and then work again at home and intermitently and always failed outdoors etc and service from clulite was bad considering he apparently even had a email print out form them saying they would sort it...they didnt

its summit to do with these lithium ion batteries they have now reading it i think there may have been handful of cases

but id like to here a report from others...i really fancy this light myself

sauer / paul

have you thought about led torches. i have a tiablo A10g .this has easy 200yrd beam and you can mount on a picatinny rail using tactical mounts.the beam is focusable and is of the pencil beam type here it is on my 243

P1300820.jpg

Matt

Gents,

Thanks for the suggestions; I suspect in theory either would work for what I want although I am concerned about the issues with the Cluson.

Matt,

Is that cable in the picture for a remote switch???

Regards,

Peter

Gents,

Thanks for the suggestions; I suspect in theory either would work for what I want although I am concerned about the issues with the Cluson.

Matt,

Is that cable in the picture for a remote switch???

Regards,

Peter

hi

yes, pressure pad with curly cable.enough length for front end or grip

Matt

have you thought about led torches. i have a tiablo A10g .this has easy 200yrd beam and you can mount on a picatinny rail using tactical mounts.the beam is focusable and is of the pencil beam type here it is on my 243

P1300820.jpg

Matt

sorry to jump in but that looks spot on, do you get much glare coming back from the mod?

hi

no i dont get any glare

the suppliers were 'inovatech' and you should find them very helpfull,they can also provide the cluson type mount i believe.

the tactical mounts i got of ebay and the side picatinny mount from the sportsman .

hope you find what you want.

Matt

I've used the Cluson masterlight for a few months now with no issues. other than I get a lot of glare if I scope mount the lamp, I think its either the stainless barrel or the Mody anyone else had this problem and did you find a cure.

Mike

Archived