Red Stag

V-Max

Nice looking youngster - what did you do, scare it to death? ;) No sign of entry or exit on the phots - what calibre do you use and where was that one placed?

Great to get to grips with all the animals on your ground. I got a real buzz out of dropping a young Sika on a farm where I had never seen one previously. Always great to know they are spreading. Likewise, the wild boar population has never been higher - they are going to be on my ground regularly in the near future.

I'm happy - don't know about my friendly farmer though!

Keep well

Ian

Hello Ian it's my mate's ground but i get to go with him & shoot any deer out big or small as there is high number's of roe & red's are building up too.Only took my rifle & i was lucky i had the 25/06 with 100g hornady interlok the beast was 200m & slightly on too me ie 90/95deg & i hit him tight right shoulder as in first pic & the bullet blowed up & never touched the other side but yeh strange as iv never really had that but not complaning it's clean other than the shoulder i hit.

Vmax

Been running some Hornady Interbonds in 165gn thru my 30 '06. Similar story to yours. V fast expansion even at 2800 - but at close ( >100m) range that has also given a lot of exit damage. Have gone away from them while meat hunting - very reliable killers however.

Rgds

Ian :)

Hello foxy how's you mate?.You should know me f**k the hard work i made sure before i pulled the trigger that i could drive right up to it just had to get it in the vitara.I tied it up like going on a pony so it was compact to fit in.Rogern i would say a good 3yrs old ie good body condition but it was in the wood's & we did see another 1 that we never got a chance at but will be looking.IanF these are a good bullet & i get 292" 3 shot group & im not too bothered on the carcase damage just want them hit hard & down.

Archived