Hi we have just purchased a new chrony master beta from midway & all i get is Err 1 on the LCD. I have read the instructions till im getting a head ache & the instructions says it should show a BE in the corner on the LCD for beta & then go to [00] on the LCD. I dident want to push buttons on it & im using a new Aeracell super alkaline 9v battery as said to use. I tryed it again & pushed the foget button & it showed CL for a second then went back to flashing Err 1 so have we got a brand new dud chrony??. Can any experienced chrony people help please.

Hi we have just purchased a new chrony master beta from midway & all i get is Err 1 on the LCD. I have read the instructions till im getting a head ache & the instructions says it should show a BE in the corner on the LCD for beta & then go to [00] on the LCD. I dident want to push buttons on it & im using a new Aeracell super alkaline 9v battery as said to use. I tryed it again & pushed the foget button & it showed CL for a second then went back to flashing Err 1 so have we got a brand new dud chrony??. Can any experienced chrony people help please.

I switch on and then press the forget button it shows CL and then OO for a second or two and then ( ) but square, it is then ready.

If you have got err 1 after shooting, the bullet is not right going through the first part of the Crony V and err2 is the second V

I must admit, it took me an age to sort it, you only need to use the canopy if it is sunny. it can be very fussy.

If you are using a c/f rifle it can be fussy if it is picking up the rifle blast, it wants to be at about 10/12 ft away, you can do an air gun from about a foot.

I switch on and then press the forget button it shows CL and then OO for a second or two and then ( ) but square, it is then ready.

If you have got err 1 after shooting, the bullet is not right going through the first part of the Crony V and err2 is the second V

I must admit, it took me an age to sort it, you only need to use the canopy if it is sunny. it can be very fussy.

If you are using a c/f rifle it can be fussy if it is picking up the rifle blast, it wants to be at about 10/12 ft away, you can do an air gun from about a foot.

This is brand new straight out the box & i put battery in & put cable into the LCD etc switched it on & Err 1 is all that it will display. I thought i would try it out in the house & try to work it to save field time. I see in the manuel for trouble shooting Err 1 is the first shot but iv only switched it on in the house to check it i think its a dud. I seem to have qustions that get people like my ackley questions as iv had 32 views & 2 replys & thought i was 1 of the only 1's that dident chrony my stuff on here but thanks very much rossandjet for your help.

This is brand new straight out the box & i put battery in & put cable into the LCD etc switched it on & Err 1 is all that it will display. I thought i would try it out in the house & try to work it to save field time. I see in the manuel for trouble shooting Err 1 is the first shot but iv only switched it on in the house to check it i think its a dud. I seem to have qustions that get people like my ackley questions as iv had 32 views & 2 replys & thought i was 1 of the only 1's that dident chrony my stuff on here but thanks very much rossandjet for your help.

When you switch it on you should get -[]- on the LCD.

Send it back to Midway.

I bought an F1 secondhand and the chrono part of it worked fine.

I had a cable to connect it to a PC using the jack socket but htis did not work.

After fault finding the errors were:

1. Faulty jack socket.

2. One resistor leg not soldered into place adjacent to the jack socket on the PCB.

Having corrected these it works fine.

I believe Theoben have contacts with someone who fixes these as Theoben are the UK importer AFAIK.

Contacts with Chrony were not great beyond them saying return it.

problem now sorted, v-max phoned midway they said send it back but youll have to pay the postaqge,

buggered if paying postage on a new faulty item they supplied , they didnt budge.

he removed the cable from the chrony and checked the connection then plugged back in and voila working fine.

glad it was summit simple

i hate mail order, if you have problems etc but we just aint got any "decent" local gunshops at all nearby

sauer / paul

Have the same chrony, err1 is an error in the first sensor, make sure they are pushed fairly snug into the holes.....

also if there is poor light the sensor may not pick the bullet up passing over it which would also give err1,

hope this helps for the future.

Snap.

Archived