FINALLY !!!

well ive been changing all my rifles ( wasnt planned this way) all of last year for true left handers...after finding it far better than shooting left handed with right handed rifles

so i have custom job on order from Russel Gall in .25-06 so hopefully ready next couple o months

but ive always had entitlement for a .22-250 but never used it,, and was advised if i dont use it ...ill lose it.....so....

fate

just so happoened to find one in left hander on this forum and it was a good nick and a good price so voila.... sako M591 mint!! ( :D i canna mind the forum name of the member i bought it from so sorry..i know its been a while since i got it )

had it for 6 months or more but have i had a chance to load develop it properly? no!!!

what with working for masel and 2 young family blah blah blah...

anyhoooo....got a load working too bout 1" now . ..could be better but i think its more me than the rifle coz i havent been out a lot lately. ( see excuse for delay in getting it blooded....bloody kids & work get in way of all my fun ) :D

call from farmer he has 5 roe working a patch of game crop ..sort it out..

so went out on thursday morning woke up & hello!!! white stuff!! snow!

anyway got there found a buck and a doe with roe yearlings (doe &buck)

so finally get into a position and only shot i could get was the yearling buck ....was hoping for the trio but no ...

on the 1st shot the doe & her doe yearling trotted off not stopping for a shot even tho i whistled bout untill over 400 yards off ....& then off into plantation.

the buck in velvet didnt bother but sauntered off when i came out o hiding.

1stzimmermansfarmbeastblooded22250.jpg

had another look yesterday morning but no ....must have more of a fright than i figured. ( they ran but not major take off speed)

anyway thats the .22-250 "properly" blooded now....had shot a few bunnies but happier now...bit more tweaking to be done but i was happy with bullet placement .top o the heart.

crows and bunnies this summer hopefully now i seem to be gettin out more

also went out for last morning flight o the season this morning, bloody cold , were after ducks....hundcreds of them but all going past over 150-300 yards out with the tide.

got 3 pinks tho so bonus!!!

sauer / paul

Archived