My first Muntjac!!!

In the last week of January i had a very kind invite from Chris to go up for some Munjac stalking with lots of other different shooting thrown in!! :D :D

This is how i got on...................

I arrived on the Thursday and met Chris at where i was staying , then was invited back to his to meet his family and to have a cracking tea!!!

Had a look at the workshop too and it was like being a kid in a sweet shop!! :D

Next morning was a early start and we met up with sprags who was going to be my guide while Chris went to look out for any Muntie activity further on!!!

we had set up in the hollow of a field where Chris said it was the munties roadway ( to speak ) from one wood to the other!!

As time went on i spotted a Fox , i said to sprags " shall i drop him " which he replied " yes " , i set up on my sticks and readied for the shot - sprags squeaked as the Fox was about to go through the hedge and i dropped him at 141yds!!

Glad i did because the poor thing was in a bad state with mange!!!

DSCF3791.jpg

After the morning stalk we went for a play to test some loads and some group shooting , after a very entertaining debate sprags kindly got a wood fire going while Chris done some hot lunch comprising of beans and burwurst sausages!! , and very nice they was too with some hot tea to wash it down with!!

Was great to meet up with Andy too and see the Nemesis in action!!

I could get used to this sort of shooting!! :D:D

Next up was the evening stalk !!

Chris had arranged sprags to look after me again while Andy and himself had some Crows to sort out further afield!!

I stood up overlooking a section of wood where i could overlook both sides of the hedge while sprags was further up the field keeping a eye on the other edge of the wood!!!

Well as the light was about to turn for the evening Gray gave me a quiet squeek to go over to him , well lo and behold there was a Muntie feeding on the edge of the wood , i moved forward to a shootable position on the ridge of the field!!

I got myself in the prone position and ranged the Muntie at 241yds , i dialed in 2 minutes of elevation to compensate for drop and put the dot right behind the shoulder of the muntie!!!

Before the 6PPC even recoiled i seen the muntie roll over without a movement!!

After a congratulations from Gray we went to retrieve the Deer!!

It was a young Doe and when we met up with Chris and Andy they kindly congratulated me as well :D

DSCF3803.jpg

What a fantastic day , i have for the last 2 years have been promising myself to go Muntjac stalking and thanks to Chris and Gray i have now achieved it!!

Next day i was kindly invited ( thanks to Chris and Andy ) to go on a driven shoot , what a experience that was!!

I had a fantastic day with sporting birds on every drive!! , i managed 2 Pheasants , a Pigeon and a Duck!!!

I had 2 high birds come over me which i missed but i will still remember!!!

We had a lovely evening meal back at the pub , i am not shotgun shooter but i had a Fantastic day!!

Andy i would like to thankyou for your kindness / hard work and to your friends for the warm welcome / hard work and a day to remember!!! ;)

My apologies for no photos but i was too busy with the shotgun with the birds!! :D

Well Sunday came it was the day for some gong shooting , Chris / Andy / Pete and myself got set up for some more load testing / gong shooting!!!!

Was nice to see Andy shooting his 6.5 Nemesis at 488yds on the gong and i was impressed with the performance!!! ;)

Pete was smacking the gong nicely with his 308 as well!!!!!

I had a little play with my 6PPC and 58 V-maxs and hope i did not embarrass myself too much!!! :D

Chris took out the 300 RUM and when i saw that shoot and the sheer energy on the 488yd gong i was hooked!!!

I did not take much asking to have a try!!!

After a few shots on that i was grinning from ear to ear!!!!

I had done so much more on my trip away that it would take me a very long time to write it , but i would like to sincerely say this - a very big thankyou to Chris for arranging this , Andy for arranging a great day driven shooting , Gray / Pete for your kindness and the other lads too!!

You all have made my trip away a fantastic one ( had some great laughs too ) which i shall never forget!! ,

THANKYOU TO YOU ALL!!!!! ;);)

All the best...............

RAY....................................

You've got to treat them foreigners right when they go abroad. :rolleyes:

Pete.

You got that right buddy!!! :D

You Northern lads spoiled me rotten and also made me feel like one of the lads!! ( with a Cornish accent Captin ) ;)

Thanks fellas.......... ;) ;)

All the best...........

RAY............................................

Archived