All, sorry its taken me a while to get around to doing this, but after a few requests about the quad sticks I have taken some images and will now provide a brief insite.

One of the lads from the shop was doing his DSC and when doing the shoot test he noticed some sticks that one of the forrestry rangers had. These were originaly a german design and have made their way over to the UK.

I dont think Im allowed to name shops so I wont post anything on here unless the mods give me the OK.

So here you go, the stics that Im showing in this post are the Rabbit Sticks, these are a cut down version of the full stalking sticks and are designed to be used kneeling or sitting. They are great if you are out bugging rabbit warrens, or indeed if you are doing a bit of stalking and prefer a kneeling shot.

They work in exactly the same way as the full length versions, securing your rifle butt and forend in an X formation. Reducing lateral motion to a negligible level, the only movement that you will get is vertical pitch, as you rock forward or back.

The sticks can be used on any level terrain. With independant pivoting points it makes no difference on the angle of the slope, the full length versions can even be opened all the way to allow for kneeling shots.

The sticks have to be used to be belived, I spend all my time at the game fairs demonstrating them to other shooters and the comments I get are always somewhere around the JESUS, WOW, AMAZING, THATS SOLID type.

People are sceptical about deployment speeds, and they are a bit fiddly when you first try them, but its simple, a bit of practice and you are down to around 15 seconds -going slow. A simple flick of the end cap, spread of the sticks and forward deployment of the front set, rifle off the shoulder, slide over the rear x section, onto the front section, find the target. You dont even have to wait for your breathing to calm down because now the rifle is fully supported on the sticks, and bang. bye bye deer fox rabbit or what ever.

Ive posted a 100m group that I shot off these sticks in the hand loading section under 70grain speer soft points to give you an idea of what they can achieve.

Any one has any questions the feel free to ask them.

All, sorry its taken me a while to get around to doing this, but after a few requests about the quad sticks I have taken some images and will now provide a brief insite.

One of the lads from the shop was doing his DSC and when doing the shoot test he noticed some sticks that one of the forrestry rangers had. These were originaly a german design and have made their way over to the UK.

I dont think Im allowed to name shops so I wont post anything on here unless the mods give me the OK.

So here you go, the stics that Im showing in this post are the Rabbit Sticks, these are a cut down version of the full stalking sticks and are designed to be used kneeling or sitting. They are great if you are out bugging rabbit warrens, or indeed if you are doing a bit of stalking and prefer a kneeling shot.

They work in exactly the same way as the full length versions, securing your rifle butt and forend in an X formation. Reducing lateral motion to a negligible level, the only movement that you will get is vertical pitch, as you rock forward or back.

The sticks can be used on any level terrain. With independant pivoting points it makes no difference on the angle of the slope, the full length versions can even be opened all the way to allow for kneeling shots.

The sticks have to be used to be belived, I spend all my time at the game fairs demonstrating them to other shooters and the comments I get are always somewhere around the JESUS, WOW, AMAZING, THATS SOLID type.

People are sceptical about deployment speeds, and they are a bit fiddly when you first try them, but its simple, a bit of practice and you are down to around 15 seconds -going slow. A simple flick of the end cap, spread of the sticks and forward deployment of the front set, rifle off the shoulder, slide over the rear x section, onto the front section, find the target. You dont even have to wait for your breathing to calm down because now the rifle is fully supported on the sticks, and bang. bye bye deer fox rabbit or what ever.

Ive posted a 100m group that I shot off these sticks in the hand loading section under 70grain speer soft points to give you an idea of what they can achieve.

Any one has any questions the feel free to ask them.

Where can i get a set of these from?

Regards

Rob

In the same formation dave or just as a standard "tripod" set up.

Exactly the same formation. first seen the set up by another stalker about 4 years ago. he was passing the DSC1 shooting criteria with it standing at 100 so I thought I would give it a try. To be honest it is good but a bit much to cart around IMHO. I use a bipod or tripod.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived