CZ527 .17 Ackley magazines

Right chaps. I was out the other day with the AH and got into a situation where single loading was holding me back a bit. I missed a few chances through fiddling around too much! So I was thinking I could do with a modified mag or two.

Are they available, or does anyone know of any instructions on how to butcher one myself?

Thanks for that. I've got a mag that came with the rifle but it's not 100%. I'll have a fiddle with it and see if I can improve it and if it works I'll post pictures and measurements.

If anyone else knows of someone who sells them or could offer a diagram to work to that would be really good. I get the feeling this is a common struggle though!

Thanks for that. I've got a mag that came with the rifle but it's not 100%. I'll have a fiddle with it and see if I can improve it and if it works I'll post pictures and measurements.

If anyone else knows of someone who sells them or could offer a diagram to work to that would be really good. I get the feeling this is a common struggle though!

Callum may now have a solution, cant see him knowingly sending something out that is not perfect, it will bug him big time. Its certainly worth a call anyway.

A

I think it was always intended to be single shot so the mag issue wouldn't have been worked on. I will ask him if he has any ideas. I think Martyn did the mag for it and it works reasonably well, but I'd like it better! The rifle is so good I've never had a gun like it, the mag issue lets it down a little.

I'm sure that if you know what you're doing it wouldn't be hard. I just wasn't sure what to make of the chopping bits off of the mag description. I'd hate to mess it up, they're not cheap enough to have too many attempts!

I'm sure that if you know what you're doing it wouldn't be hard. I just wasn't sure what to make of the chopping bits off of the mag description. I'd hate to mess it up, they're not cheap enough to have too many attempts!

Yep, I agree. I use a single-shot follower in my Cz so I thought I'd have a go at the magazine on the basis that if I did **** it up then I'd really be no worse off. The instructions start with "Disassemble the mag by driving out the three pins holding the plastic inserts....".

Did it mention that one of the pins is peened over on both sides? No it didn't but it is. Peened that is. Hence it resists my attempts to remove it and, yet again, I find myself with some part-disassembled bit of kit, half-reaching for the lump hammer and wondering whether to go forward or back.

If there's anyone out there who does not share my disability and who reckons they've really got the hang of these CZ 17AH magazines then you could save me from myself and get in contact. Happy to pay a fair fee.

Archived