EagleTac T100C2 torch

Whilst loitering on another site I came across a few threads on rabbit and fox shooting using small torches, the guys seemed to be having pretty good success on their hunts. After a bit of a questions & answers session I decided I'd take a punt on the torch mentioned in the title. The goal was to be able to go out at night with my shotgun or rimfire without having to bring along an 18-22amp battery, backpack, LF170 and the lead to the battery.

Postman arrived with the torch. I brought it out that night in a pocket as I also had my .223 out and needed the Lightforce. In terms of range, I can say a foxes eyes could well be spotted at 250 yards. Playing around with the torch and my scope I reckon a body ID and positive shot is certainly on at 100 yards, maybe out to 120. That definitely covers shotgun range, the vast majority of .22lr shots and a good chunk of .17HMR shots too. Could also be used on centrefire rifles, but with the obvious limitation of reduced range, could be handy in a tight spot in case of other gear failing.

The makers of the torch reckon on "Turbo", the brightest setting, using 2 CR123a batteries the light will last 2 hours, on normal mode they claim 14 hours. I can't say if those claims are true or not. But, already owning battery chargers that can accommodate most any type of battery I purchased a number of CR123A rechargeable batteries, even if they only last an hour, having two in the torch and six in a pocket, you'll have light for 4 hours.

I have to say I really do like this torch. I don't for one second regret buying it, I think it'll prove it's value over time. And if nothing else, I always have a handy torch knocking around.

>This< is where I bought mine. "T100C2 MKII "WEAPON KIT" - NEUTRAL White", pick the "smooth reflector" if you're going to try one.

I see a few people using >these< mounts, but I've not tried them myself.

Archived