Quick Cook Pheasant

wabbitbosher

Right !

Strip your bird while its still warm if you can , i hang my birds for as long as it takes to get home , sometimes i strip them the next day

I use an old fenboy method

i'll find the Utube link later that shows my method (or one similar) , basically stand your bird shoulders down on a clean binbag on the floor with its head tucked up the back facing you , pull out one wing and put your foot on it as close as you can to the body , repeat for the other side , hold one leg and half the tail in one hand the other leg and tail in the other hand (you should be bending down at this stage) Stand up slowly pulling on the legs and tail NICE AND STEADY !!

You will hear the skin splitting , you should end up (depending on how hard the bird was hit) with the breast bone and breasts complete with wings on the floor between your feet and the legs skin guts and bits in your hands , personally i chuck all this away ,

Pick up your breast bone snap off the wings

You now have (after a quick rinse under the tap and stand over night in the fridge) an Oven ready Pheasant breast

Next step i place it on a foil lined baking tray Breast Up , paint with Good English Mustard drizzel Loads of Clear Honey wrap it in the tinfoil like a Cornish pasty leaving a good air gap round the meat

Cook in a pre heated oven on about 180 for about an hour ( i do about three or four at the same time)

Done !!! ideal with Chips or with a sunday Roast !!!

You'll never taste pheasant like it

Wabbit

similar to how i rip my pheasants

lay em breast up

put balls of your feet on wings close to body as possible

grab legs (mind the spurs )

and pull

either left with as said above or sometimes wings come off, either way just peel remaining skin out of the way an remove crop and voila.....pheasnt breast on the bone

that recipe sounds damn good wabbitbosher will have to try it

last recipe, wife tried as below

skinned phesant breast slit holes in it and fill with philadelphia ( breasts filleted off bone never tried it on bone )

wrapped in parma ham or summit similar or cheaper

dunnoe how long she gave it think maybe roughly 200 rule ....( 200 degrees C for 20 min ) ish

WOW .....SOME BROCCOLI AND MUSTARD MASH TOO ACE

sauer

Archived