new ground last night

Guest apollo

Very nice apollo a good nights varminting and a nice set up good to see your new ground has produced a good night for you

Guest apollo

Cheers boys we went last night but only had a chance to perruse about half of the 600 acres in the daylight so we didnt cover it all last night, the land is large 30, 40, 50 acre fields that are all cereal crops and not a lot of rabbits so there arnt that many foxes to be had so we done quite well.

The biggest one is at the bottom and he was in great nick...

Shot with a .17 rem firing a 25 grain v max at around 220 yards, even the big boys are no match for the .17 when the right spot is hit..

DSCF1330.jpg

Good going over a couple of nights.

The .17 Rem is a highly effective fox getter, the Aussie fur shooters swear by them as they kill well and don't chew up pelts.

The other plus side is they are pretty safe on the riccochet front.

Cheers

Dave

Guest apollo

Very true there wasn`t a mark on him could not find the entry hole but i bet it was like a bag of mince inside :D

That was the fifth night out in as many weeks, i only have photo`s for three as we were with the keeper and he`s not a great one for picking them up for a photo session at the end......

DSCF1258.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

You done very well apollo,five foxs is a good night for one area especialy as you say there isnt many about,we get desent bags but have to cover a few of our farms to do it i plus we have to travel a fair distance to get a good night's lamping there are to many lads lamping where i live so foxs are few and far between ,that fox is indeed a fine looking fox,all the best luck on your future ventures

Archived