started at last

foxshot

Well now i am back up and running i finaly got out lamping on the fox's last night,as i hadnt shot a fox with the ackley i shot for most of the night then my mate took over ,it couldnt have started better a fox crossed the lonning on the way to the first venue and just stood in the stubble not a care in the world at about 100 yds this was the first fox to christen the new boy,we gave a call a little further down and along came another makeing its way to us so i got on one of the bails and waited for it to stop then it was good by viena No 2 in the bag.on the next farm a fox was spotted again in stubble no intrest in the call and was walking on the crest of a hill so no shot there, after about half an hour of calling at another place a fox came out of some rough ground an sat on the edge of a ditch this was fox No 3 in the bag a little later another bit the dust by now i was well happy untill the next shot a easy shot possibly just over 100 yds then one lampshy fox was created dont know how i missed but i did ,then we left that area and went to another this is when my mate took over resulting in another two, the first again on stubble not a care in the world jumping allover the place i presume hunting mice until my mate placed a 50 gr v-mav in its vitals, we proceded to shoot another and also miss another there were many of fox's about but wouldnt present safe shots so not a bad result for the first night out in a whiledscf0046hg7.jpg

down to some load developing next

That's a good bag, :lol: foxes with me are thin on the ground at the moment but still a lot of crops standing, just hope this weather keeps up so the farmer can get his crops in and we can get out on more of our permission.

Nice night's work pard, when the fox is mousing you can work all the whistles and calls you like but there are very few that will take any notice of them, they are in a world of there own and nothing else matters, Thats the time to walk quietly and you can get well within range.

Well done a great night out. I too am a bit short on foxes at the moment but there are plenty of standing crops yet.

Talking about ignoring calls, when they are worming on fresh plough they go deaf too, I have called and squeaked my head off and even had one lie down in the furrow for a rest, sadly for him after a few minutes he lifted his head for a look round and the 22-250 did the job.

Well done mate.

Redfox

Glad to see your new rifle and yourself doing so well :lol: :lol:

Have fun.....................

All the best.................

RAY............................. :(:D

Archived