OUT WITH BRNO17

foxhunter

BRNO 17 kindly invited me up to his place in Hawick on the Scottish Borders for a spot of foxing friday night. I was the lamp man tonite and BRNO 17 was the rifle.

The weather was good , dark and a bit breezy , so I was full of expectation.

The 1 st fox I lamped wasnt playing ball and kept itself skylined so BRNO17 coulndt take the shot. We then proceded to a spot overlooking some forestry where I called for about 10 mins but nothing showed.

We then moved back to where we saw the 1st fox , it was there again but we still couldnt get a shot as it just kept itself on the horizon , I couldnt belive it.

Moving on again to a piece of high ground looking onto a wood I called again , almost immediately from nowhere a fox came screaming in , "this ones in the bag " I thought but somehow it just disappeared into the wood . I was beginning to think it was not our night.

We then made our way back to the car , flicking on the lamp revealed another fox but once again it wasnt playing the game and disappeared into some thistles , it kept showing itself every now and again but still we couldnt manage a shot , eventually it just peeped over a banking " have a go " I said. Brno 17 pulled off a cracking shot shooting it right in the eye.

I was feeling a bit happier now , next flick of the lamp revealed another fox so I told brno17 to rest on my shoulder and that was number 2 in the bag.

Its funny how things can be not going your way then before you know it theres 2 in the bag , I suppose thats why we love foxing so much.

Thanks again mate for a good night .....................we're in for a good season I think !!!

drinkstone002Small.jpg

nae probs foxy, glad to have a pro caller out with me :lol::lol: theres plenty more to get, had another one tonight in the field with the water bowser in it just before dark, poor sod died of a 243 related illness :lol:

Good going lads ,know how you feel foxhunter there has been many time we have been out for a couple of hours without firing a shot then sudenly things come together

Archived