Help required please from anyone with a copy of quickload

mole-e30

Hi

Wondering if someone could help me out please........

My copy of quickload only supports XPand my computer has died, so I have to use a PC with VISTA... grrr

Trying to devise a lightweight 100 yard load for my 6BR and need some info on the following combo.

Would someone be good enough to tell me if any of the below are too low a charge or too high...

Cartridge 6mmBR REM

COAL 2.218"

Bullet 65gr Berger Flat Base

Barrel length 29"

Powder Vit N135

Min charge 30.5gr

Max charge 33.5gr

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Bruce

Bruce,

N135 is too slow burning for this bullet weight in 6BR - QuickLOAD estimates 38,964 psi with your load for 3,244 fps. Even N133 is a little on the slow side for this bullet weight in the cartridge as you have heavily compressed loads before you reach full pressures. 30.5 N133 gives a slightly compressed load for 49,588 psi and 3,385 fps.

Optimal powders are in the AA-2015, Hodgdon H322, Alliant reloder 10x, Viht N130 bracket.

I'll send you Quickload text files of the results alongside my reply to your email query to me.

Laurie

Laurie,

I did wonder if the N135 might be a bit slow, it was just an idea that came to mind the other night.

Thanks for the info, maybe see you at Diggle next Thursday.

Bruce

Bruce,

N135 is too slow burning for this bullet weight in 6BR - QuickLOAD estimates 38,964 psi with your load for 3,244 fps. Even N133 is a little on the slow side for this bullet weight in the cartridge as you have heavily compressed loads before you reach full pressures. 30.5 N133 gives a slightly compressed load for 49,588 psi and 3,385 fps.

Optimal powders are in the AA-2015, Hodgdon H322, Alliant reloder 10x, Viht N130 bracket.

I'll send you Quickload text files of the results alongside my reply to your email query to me.

Laurie

Archived