How to spend your Saturday

kip270

Good Morning All,

Well with this lovely weather we are having i just had to get out this morning so for some escape from everyday life.(And before i have to go to work at 2pm)

I was hoping to catch an early morning Fox, but i didn't see a thing, there was a slight mist before the sun broke the horizon, so it made spotting anything a bit tricky, not even any bunnies out??

I sat in a good spot where i could spy the valley from my left and right, so if i did spot any Varmint i would be able to get in position for a shot. After a few minutes a Grey squirrel decided to come out and bury some nuts, so i ranged him and set up on my sticks and waited for the perfect shot, he was busy stashing his hord then sat up. I was shooting down hill so adjusted my aim and squeezed off my shot, 50grain Nosler doing it's job ;) shot at 34 yards ;);)

squirrel.222.jpg

So no joy on the Foxes so i headed back to the farm, and spotted a Crow sat on a post, ranged it at 306 yards, but there were cows lying either side in the field i was in so i snuck along a hedgerow to try and get a clear path for my shot. At 237 yards i had my chance, so i set up on my Stoneypoint polecat bipod, got into the ZONE and settled the cross-hairs just on the top of it's head, because there was a slight down hill angle. I slipped off the safety and made my final prep, then squeezed off my shot.

Looking through the scope the crow just fell off the post at my shot, and was very pleased my longest shot to date, then i was even more impressed when i picked it up, a head shot, god i just love my Tikka .222 :D:D:D:D

crow237yds.222.jpg

IMG00129.jpg

Guest 308Panther

Hey Kip,

Thats some slick shooting on the Crow.

If I tore up a squirrel that hard the ol man would yell at me for wastin meat....

The next 5 days are gonna be a real bear to get thru....That how long I got to

wait before the first of our huntin seasons open up.

308Panther

Thanks Guy's,

That has set me on a high for the rest of the day now, even though i am off to work in a bit ;)

Panther, i bet you can't wait, hope you have a good season :P

Andy, i hope to go out tomorrow and do some target practice at 300 and beyond, before i go to live quarry with the .222 and the .270 :P

Nigel, i certainly like to think i could do it again, i have so much faith in my rifle, it just depends if i am up to it ;) (i will let you know)

Guest 308Panther

Kip,

You have no idea how bad...

The guns have been cleaned 3x just so

I could have the smell of Hoppes' No. 9 in the apt.

Beats Glade anyday...

308Panther

Archived