vehicle mud mats

bluebell

Hi All

Im just about to take delivery of a jeep Grand Cherokee and have been looking for something to protect it from the worst of the mud. Jeep Uk want £190 for a set including boot liner :lol: So I have found Rhino covers that will do a good practical looking liner that goes up the sides.

Any ideas on foot well protection? I have seen some in the US that I think they call 'snow mats' that look up toi the job but havent seen anything similar in the UK. It was my F-I-Ls and it has rather immaculate cream carpets :) (who in their right mind would put anything that colour in a 4x4?)

Hi I have a pair of front mats from when I had a discovery that are light brown, like the discovery interior colour when you could only have brown or blue. These are probably best described as a snow mat as they are made from rubber and have a rim all the way round to trap the water, mud etc with chevron ribs elsewhere.

You could have these off me for £15 plus post if interested? I have both the front and rears.

Hi I have a pair of front mats from when I had a discovery that are light brown, like the discovery interior colour when you could only have brown or blue. These are probably best described as a snow mat as they are made from rubber and have a rim all the way round to trap the water, mud etc with chevron ribs elsewhere.

You could have these off me for £15 plus post if interested? I have both the front and rears.

Thanks Eldon but I have no idea if the foot wells are a similar shape? Also I presume they are fairly heavy so postage may be a bit steep?

Thanks Eldon but I have no idea if the foot wells are a similar shape? Also I presume they are fairly heavy so postage may be a bit steep?

Give me an email address and I will send you a picture with sizes on it.

Not sure of the postage but got to be a cheaper solution than £190 :lol:

hi bluebell,

dont know if you have any contact with anyone but the contract mat suppliers for offices some times have the rubber mats or rubber backed carpets if you ask them they may have one thats due to be thrown away colour doesnt really matter but you can always drop them out if you want to go posh. just cut to shape

graham.

Good idea Graham but the problem with a flat solution such as yours is the muddy water, snow etc runs off the mat and stains the carpet.

I know this as it was for this reason (yes shut the door the horse has gone) my wife purchased the mats above. With those sort of mats I was offering and no doubt numerous others the rim around the outside does a good job of retaining the water and slop to a degree.

Obviously not infallible but the best answer I have found so far.

Hi All

Im just about to take delivery of a jeep Grand Cherokee and have been looking for something to protect it from the worst of the mud. Jeep Uk want £190 for a set including boot liner :ph34r: So I have found Rhino covers that will do a good practical looking liner that goes up the sides.

Any ideas on foot well protection? I have seen some in the US that I think they call 'snow mats' that look up toi the job but havent seen anything similar in the UK. It was my F-I-Ls and it has rather immaculate cream carpets :o (who in their right mind would put anything that colour in a 4x4?)

Hi bluebell you should have a look at Roughtrax i'ts a Toyota 4x4 web site , i've just brought some matts in grey and they are fantastic very strong and high lipped around the edge they are £22.99 +vat and postage i hope this is of some help.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=227&vid=1113

Now the real question. Does anyone know where I can get some mud mats to fit an A-class merc? For me it is mostly mud, not water. I had a great set on my Pilot when I was in the US. I'm hoping to find something similar. I've taken both back seats out of the car and have the dog crate in there. I think I'll keep it that way as I never have any passengers.

Thanks,

Rick

Now the real question. Does anyone know where I can get some mud mats to fit an A-class merc? For me it is mostly mud, not water. I had a great set on my Pilot when I was in the US. I'm hoping to find something similar. I've taken both back seats out of the car and have the dog crate in there. I think I'll keep it that way as I never have any passengers.

Thanks,

Rick

To be honest Rick a lot of the ones on e bay you can cut to shape so you wouldnt go too far wrong and even some of the carpet mats would probably do the job on the basis that they are so inexpensive it wouldnt matter too much if they got muddy so long as you have somewhere to take them out and dry them. That is what I normally do but for the Jeep I will be getting out and opening gates etc which tends to get really muddy at this time of year but I also need to be able to take them out so I dont ruin my 'good' shoes when Im using it for business.

Archived