Cornish weekend part 2

6mmBR

Well as you know the first day was superb, sadly the following morning we woke to heavy rain and gusting winds :D for once the weather man was right ;)

We chatted and Ray said what do fancy doing, have a mooch around the farm or pop off and meet Silent Souls. We chatted and I thought it would be great to meet some of the other guys.

Ray gave Jamie a ring and he said pop over as he was only watching telly. We jumped into the car and off we went.

We chatted for ages and luckily the weather improved so we popped up Jamies shoot. We watched 2 Roe does feeding but no buck arrived so we popped over the Boulders. It was one of those days of near misses, the wind still gusting 10-15 mph we were spot on for elevation out to 450yds but the wind making it difficult to connect. There were some lucky varmints that afternoon. I did have one semi hit I shrapnelled a magpie at 468yds with bits of rock and bullet jacket, it didn't go off to happy.

We played for a few hours and went home.

Ray had organised a roast leg of venison for lunch the following day so Jamie and Martin popped over for lunch before we went on the quest. We ate like lords it was trully superb, we finnally got into the trucks with very full bellies. :D

The weather was broken and still windy as we approached Jamies shoot. We spent most of the afternoon shooting at but sadly not connecting with bunnies out to 830yds.

This is a view of the target area

DSCF0134.jpg

This is the view of the lads shooting away

DSCF0128.jpg

I enjoyed watching them shoot at this range the wind was a bit much for the Ackley, although I did manage to launch one bunny 8-10 feet in the air with it :P it completed a treble salco followed by a reverse tail flick before returning to earth :P

We returned to Jamies for a wonderful feast a dish from South Africa called a Boikee (apologies Jamie if I miss spelt it) We enjoyed the feast and a few beers had a laugh over some rather bad jokes on my behalf ;) and then we all crashed.

Stay tuned folks for next weeks gripping instalment.

Silent Souls and the quest for the 1000yd bunny ;)

Cheers

Dave

Again dave , a very good writeup on what was a fantastic time had by good varminting friends ;) ;)

All the very best...............

RAY........................... :D;)

Thanks it sure was an excelllent weekend, I'll post the rest over the bank holiday weekend.

All I can say is there was one lucky bunny at 1000yds ;)

wasn't there Ray ;) .

Dave

Struck lucky on your outings Dave looks like you teamed up with some good lads,shame i live so far away, and another good write up,this one sure made me feel a tad hungry roast leg of venison yum yum, look forward to the next instalment Dave

Some excellent shooting had by all , and topped off with new friendships made / shared experiences / good eating and all in all a cracking time ;) ;)

Was a pleasure to meet you dave ;):D

Foxshot its a shame you are so far away my friend , would be good to go for varmint session :D :D

All the very best.................

RAY.................. :D :D

Hi Dave,

Cant wait to read the next part...

Only 5 more days till our huntin season starts.

308Panther

hi

only 5 days, man i bet your trigger finger is itching

how long will it last for -

ATB

Colin ;)

Hi Dave,

Cant wait to read the next part...

Only 5 more days till our huntin season starts.

308Panther

Same here as with the next part ;)

Good luck with your hunting buddy :P :P

Fill yer boots - or should i say freezer :D :D

All the very best...............

RAY............................ :D;)

Archived