On home turf

6mmBR

Well after a fab weekend in Cornwall, it was time to start our autum campaign on the foxes on home turf.

We slipped out last night to have a look on some farms the other side of the estuary, with a good friend of ours.

The first farm drew a blank which was a pity as our hopes were high having not been here for 6 months.

We moved on to our lucky field where every trip we have had a fox.

Brian and I set up on the bank the Ackley on the tripod rest. I started to call, after 5 mins sure enough matey puts in an appearance. This one is not sure of the call and all I can see is a head looking at us from the hedge. We tried a few mouse squeaks and managed to pull him into the field. He did not want to come straight to us, he started movig left and he stopped, I squeezed the trigger and watched him fall.

We went to pick him up and looking back to where we had shot from Brian pinged it with his range finder, 238 yds that Ackley is so flat shooting ;)

DSCF0151.jpg

We called another one up on this field unfortunately he was sky lining and we couldn't take a shot.

We moved on to our last spot and called up 2 cubs which were rooting around on a muck heap.

This added a further 2 to our total.

All in all it was a good start to our autumn campaign.

Cheers

Dave

Good bit of shooting Dai.

I have been out a few times but have drawn a blank, only seeing a glimpse of charlie in the lamp, but it didn't hang around long enough. We still have a lot of crops standing so we are limited to how many fields we can lamp.

How you settling in to Wales Kip? I know what you mean its only now the crops are in and we can get at them. Also the nights are drawing in which means we can go out a bit earlier.

Cheers

Dave

Nice to see you had good outing dave ;) ;)

Oh yes that ackley is sure flat shooting too :D :D

All the best..............

RAY...................... :D;)

Indeed a good start Dave looks like that ackley is going to be a real varmint getter,hope i have the same success tonight

How you settling in to Wales Kip? I know what you mean its only now the crops are in and we can get at them. Also the nights are drawing in which means we can go out a bit earlier.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dai,

Well things are going very well, i have a lot of my old permission back, and helping out my ex brother in-law on the pheasent shoot is just like i never left, the Farmer and his wife said they are glad to have me back ;)

Just waiting for Gwent Police to pull their finger out, they have had my paperwork since the 20th July ;);) But that hasn't stopped me going out, just running a bit low on ammo, so will have to chase up my tickets next week :D

Guest 308Panther

Hi Dave,

After a fun weekend abroad I bet it sure feels good to be back home again,

and stompin around on your own grounds.

That ain a bad nights work and just think of what the number it would have been

had ya stayed in.

308Panther

Cheers 308P your turn will come in a few days when your hunting season opens.

Don't forget to keep us up to date on your hunting trips with pictures if possible. It's great to see whats going on over the pond.

Dave

Archived