which lamp

bob64

info please i,am after a good lamp hand held ,the one on my rifle ok. being looking at light force

but what size of battery ,not something thats goes flat after short time.

want it for spotting,and scaning area.

what do you lads use and long do they last before they go flat ,and what price would i be looking

to pay, all advice welcome

bob64

info please i,am after a good lamp hand held ,the one on my rifle ok. being looking at light force

but what size of battery ,not something thats goes flat after short time.

want it for spotting,and scaning area.

what do you lads use and long do they last before they go flat ,and what price would i be looking

to pay, all advice welcome

bob64

Go for Lightforce, I have the handheld and scope mounted version in 140 and 170 sizes, (the lenses can be swapped between the bodies to suit your needs)

I use a deben 14ah belt battery pack which easily lasts for a 3 hour walk, on & off use, for longer nights, I use a 26ah sealed lead acid battery in a rucksack, this has never gone flat on me on a night out. Its easy enough to make your own battery pack and a lot cheaper than buying a ready made one, batteries, cable and connectors are available from CPC or Maplins etc.

My Lamping kit

DSC01499.jpg

Hope this helps,

Dylan

I use the clulite lazer and have never had any problems the battery is a bit big and heavy but it lasts for ages.

Have a look on there website if you order owt ask if they have got any seconds you can usally get stuff for about half price.

Clulite from Cluson engineering.

Hope this helps Andy

I would go for Lightforce, they have the best beam out there hands down. I forget what watt bulb is in the Blitz 240 (excellent lamp from a vehicle) but it may be worth a look if it's 100W like in the Striker 170. If it's bigger than 100W then stick with the Striker 170. I have a 100 Watt bulb in my Striker 170 and it gives 2.5 hours good light continious on with another 30 minutes of light slowly deteoriating with an AMA 18AH battery I bought in a mototcycle shop.

A handy addition is a dimmer switch, if it doesn't already come with it make sure you get an inline one.

The thing about Lightforce is the wiring. If you've never owned one before it may be daunting but you'll need to replace it eventually. The connections are rubbish and the ciggie holders melt (not as bad as that sounds lol) and the switch also went on mine. However, soldering is easy or get soem screw in connections and you'll have an excellent lamp. Mine never let me down after I did it and I know nothing about electrics and am not that handy!

I also use the lightforce with 100W bulb and have a couple of 17AH batteries ,i also had problems with the switch packing up but replaced it no probs ,this set up works fine for me

I gave up on the lightforce because of the duff switches and plug and went to the LSI 1 and 2 million lamps, very robust and light, thisis the cordless version http://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Euro-Millio...t/dp/B000E964H0 , the corded version is identical.

The switches go on these eventually but as there is loads of room inside I fitted a 10 amp miniature relay to take the load inside and they have been going 5 yrs since then with no trouble at all and they are only £ 30 instead of £60.

You could do the same in the 170 lightforce as the relay is only 3/4" square and about £ 3.00 from Maplin, they too would last then.

If anyone is interested I will give the Maplin part number and wiring notes.

On the rifle I use one of these, it is superbly made in aluminium small but bright and doesnt make the rifle unwieldy like the bigger lamps. You can focus it and fit a 80W bulb if you feel the need. http://www.nightsearcher.co.uk/acatalog/Gunlights2.html

Redfox

Archived