Just a quickie

charly hunter

I have spent the day loading and I needed to get out so at 20.45 hrs my son and I left home we stopped off on the way as a girl friend of my son's wanted to come and watch to see what all the fuss was about. So by 21.30 David had shot his first rabbit, it is a very warm night even though there is a stiff breeze from the north, not as stiff as last night's. I was sat wondering if this young lady would start moaning it was cold or that see couldn't stand to see the rabbits being killed so she would want to go home, when to my amazement she climbed into the front seat and started asking twenty questions about the reasons why we do what we do and then she said "do you shoot foxes" I hesitated and replied "Yes if I get the chance and it is in an area that the land owner wants them shot". "Good" she said "one got in and had my rabbit, I hate them"

So after another few rabbits I stopped at the top of a very steep hill and started to call, she looked at me rather strangely but said nothing. After a couple of calls I saw a fox coming out of the brambles some 150yds below us. I pointed it out to her and as the fox kept coming she sat calmly and quietly like she had done it all before, I thought I'd bring it in close so she could have a closer look at it as she has not seen one up close before, just as it came to within 20yds my son shot it in the head with his .22 but this one jumped and ran in circles. Still she sat watching and saying nothing, my son then picked up his shotgun with triple A's in it and leveled the fox. And at this point she said " is it dead yet"?

"Yes" said I so she calmly smiled and said "NIce one"

Scared the sh*t out of me I can tell you. I recon my son ought to be very carefull if he has plans on staying with her. ;)

We ended up with 21 rabbits and the 1 fox and we were home again by 22.30 hrs.

vixenqr8.jpg

Guest 308Panther

Hi CH..

You might wanna start worryin about the subject of grankids as she sounds like a keeper.

If she sticks around after ya gut a deer in front of her...then ya know its a matter of time ;)

308Panther

My daughter loves lamping foxes and rabbits.

Started her off on rabbits when she was 9 or 10. Lamped her first fox for the old man(Me) when she was 11, she's very good at the squeaking lark.

She's now 17 and would rather lamp foxes than go cloths shopping. ;)

Archived