Good start on new ground

charly hunter

Out last night with a keeper friend of mine just for a couple of hours, as this time of the year he has long days 5 am start and finish about 9-10 pm. But well worth the trip this is a new bit of land fro me to shoot on which is 400 acres of valleys, woodland and cereal fields. It was a fresh North wind blowing which is unusual for this area but it was dry so it has to be a good thing.

For some reason tonight all the foxes were in groups we saw about 15 altogether most were in pairs or in groups of 3 which made things awkward as we only had one rifle so we had to make do with the one shot and hope the others would stop in the next field. Fat chance but hey who cares what we don't get today is there for tomorrow. Well after a drive about we ended up with 4 shot unfortunately 2 were in long grass and no matter how much we looked we couldn't find them in the dark. But the two we did pick up was on the stubble and one of those I had just about drove over twice before we saw it.

This one was old with a few teeth missing and although the 120gr nosler bust this vixen up she still ran 15 yards before realising she was dead. Did this one a favour as she had mange in her tail and on her back legs.

bustedyb3.jpg

This one was tuck up in a bit of dead ground so we could only see his face but at 120 yds that was enough, he was a big boy also, not shot one this size for a long while.

mouthfullhi8.jpg

Good to hear you boys had a successful evening nigel ;) ;)

Shall catch up soon buddy..............

All the very best..............

RAY...................... :D;)

Guest 308Panther

Thats a great start on a new piece of ground.

Ever thought of becoming a plastic surgeon?

Thats one hell of a "Face Lift" on the second fox.

308Panther

Hey 308Panther I was going to do surgery on him but I left my made in Hong Kong stamp at home.

Millpool that might have been the case as it was a Saturday and everyone around here is off on the weekend, but the next time pard there will be a space cos' I won't be home waiting around to take them lamping :lol:

Archived