target shooting for beginers

hi lads and lasses ,

the main purpose of posting this thread is to find out how someone can get into target shooting without a lot of hassle .

the situation is like this as some of you know i hosted the uk varminting shoot and all been well on for next year. as a farmer summer time is unpredictable and can end up working most week ends but now things are a bit slacker have time on my hands and would love to have a go at some of the target disclipines having 223 and 243 and 308 calibers i have the guns that are suitable the 308 been a rem 700 pss .

so what i would like to know is can i get started with out all hassles of joining a club and then having the secertary having to be a refferree on my fac application as i may only get out a few times a year and been midlands based where can i go .

grtaham.

Join the NRA it makes it easy. If your already an FAC holder you simply attend for half a day to get the range info and have a bit of fun with a variety of different firearms; black powder, gallery rifle and long range stuff. Its a bit of a trek down to bisley but if its only a couple of times a year, you can stay over night and there are some nice club houseswhere you can get a bit of dinner. Its about £70 a year and you pay a range fee for your time, but you can shoot multiple disciplines in a day if you like. Other than that I would suggest minsterly range a number of the lads on here go there, I am sure they will give you some help with that, you can attend minsterly without being a member I think its around £25 per day, although check with vermincinerator he should be able to help you.

Hi Graham,

I shoot with Offas Dyke, and there are shoots up and down the country on a regular basis, a fair few of the guys on this web site are members and it is a great opportunity to shoot at extended range's.

It well run but relaxed, with no hassles and you can turn up and shoot.

I think Kingsbury ranges are fairly close to you but there are lots of other good ranges that we use.

I have attached the link below which will give you more details and lists of locations and the dates. If your interested get in touch.

http://www.offasrifleclub.com

Cheers

Rob

Helllo Graham,

As you are midlands based I'd agree with Rob and say Offas Dyke. They are a good club with lots of shoots, sometimes more than one shoot on the same day.

It is a fair trek to Bisley (for me), but as has been said if you like stopping away / overnight it can be a good laugh. Been twice recently and had a great time.

As you are an existing FAC holder joining a club shouldn't be a massive hassle but to shoot unsupervised you will need to get a comp certificate.

Stephen.

anybody know of any clubs / ranges in the northeast of scotland in angus tayside area or aberdeenshire?

wouldnt mind a place i could go for the day and play and get better wi my rifle and also for load development

sauer

Archived