killer dear?!

bluebell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/8303280.stm

Sorry but they do this every year at about this time, when will people learn that they should have trained their dog to be obedient and steady or keep it on the lead? Jolly good job we dont have reds in the park....

unbelieveable!!!!!!! dont some people with dogs just shouldnt be allowed to keep em!!!!

no idea of proper obediance or anything

we had a cas elocal here couple o weeks ago where a pointer was shot by farmer after it killed 4 sheep.....in the local press the owners are quoted as saying

"we walked dog here for 2n half years we had no idea sheep were here,,and the dog was only gone fro five minutes1"

shouldnt be allowed dogs.!

no idea how countryside works at all!!!!

sauer

Its a bit like the old story man bites dog. I really dont see a major issue here . Dogs will get themselves into scrapes all the time. I dont think they were out of control, I often walk my dog off the lead in suitable areas. If the dog stumbles across a deer in a thicket it will be to late by the time you relise. These dogs have just met their match thats all

I have it working so not sure why yours doesnt?

Just tried again, no luck, maybe its AOL that we use here.

I assume what we are talking about is a Munti killing a dog?. I used to live near Woburn for over almost 30 years, I never had a problem with my labs and them and never heard of anyone that did but I am sure that if pressed then Mr Munti is more than a capable killer.

A

Munties are mustard at opening dogs up. On shoot days a warning is always shouted when a munty charges towards the beating line after being startled.

They are a powerful little beast and should not be underestimated.

Pete.

Its a bit like the old story man bites dog. I really dont see a major issue here . Dogs will get themselves into scrapes all the time. I dont think they were out of control, I often walk my dog off the lead in suitable areas. If the dog stumbles across a deer in a thicket it will be to late by the time you relise. These dogs have just met their match thats all

Well if you know Woburn you will probably know Ampthill park? Several dogs have been opened up by deer, probably munties but there are also water deer and a few roe about. We beat on shoots all around Woburn and there are sometimes more deer than phesants come out of a drive so wo betide anyone whose dog isnt 100% steady. Although I have to say I have had a round of applaws when mine almost stood on a water deer and I managed to call them off :wacko:

Archived