fallow this morning

Well only getting 3 hours sleep last night due to a family emergency, i hopped into the jeep at 3-50AM....!!!

Drove the long journey through the pouring rain, and as we reached the stalking grounds it eased off.... YAY.

Walked up the first field to a high vantage point the full moon shining, we could make out 5 fallow, but not well enough, As dawn approached, something spooked the lot and the trotted over the fence into the confines of the wood...!!!

So we headed off to another bit of permission 10mins drive away.... got the kit out and headed off up the few field before the hill, A we walked and glassed we spooked a doe she stood for a moment and bounded off up the fields, followed by a young buck which we didn't see behind the gorse.

i made my way forward slowly and tried to pick up where they may be, only to glass them at roughly 200 yards they had grouped up with 2 other does, and as they looked back i got down on the grass, as they walked, asked my mate to confirm the range, 203 yards not a moment to loose as the young buck looked back for a glance i took a neck shot, And shortly after heard the thud as it connected with the buck dropping him instantly...

i have a customer who makes cracking venison sausages, and we're going to split what he makes 50/50

from the full cascass..... watch this space....

Snap.

Archived