Tescos selling shooting magazines??

varminter

Had a pleasant surprise when shopping in our local Tescos at the weekend!!!

On looking at the magazine rack i saw that they are stocking shooting sports / sporting shooter / shooting times magazines!!! :(

First time i have seen this for years , could it be change of attitude!!!

All the best..............

RAY....................

they been selling them for a long time raymondo

but the buggers kicked right off when eve took a memory stick with the level2 pics of deer to be printed

Thanks buddy!!! :);)

As you have probably gathered , i dont go shopping at Tescos much!!!!

yes and i remember now , about you telling me about them pictures!!!!

All the best................

RAY.......................................

I'll still buy them from the outlets that always stocked them. Besides, they like screwing farmers too, so screw them :)

I was going to say the same. They nearly put a little egg farm I shoot at out of business by pushing them so hard to drop their prices. They wanted the eggs for the same as they cost to produce (I guess because they're free range not jammed in the sheds so the cost of production is higher?). Now the farm supplies small shops and managed to pull through, but only just. Tesco may do cheap food, but only because their suppliers are robbed blind! I have a strong disliking to Tesco and refuse to shop there!

Good for them for stocking shooting mags, but I'll be buying mine from the newsagents still I'm afraid! Too little too late for me!

I actually work for THEM, and when securing new shooting permission, when asked what i do for a living, the look a i get when i say, is some what un-nerving, but when i say i WORK for THEM i don't OWN IT :) , it put's a smile on their face........

I was having this dicussion with a colleague yesterday. Hes was bemoaning the fact that everyone had it in for Tescos and that primarily it was due to them being a success story. H ealso added that to be a success story you sometimes have to tread on people. Never one to shy away from a debate I laid it on a little.

Essentially what I said was that being a success story does not give you a mandate to tread on people. Neither does it give you carte blanche to waste resources in the profligate way that Tescos does. Carbon footprint my ass! With great power comes great responsibility and in my opinion (and a great many others) Tescos do not act responsibly either to their suppliers or to their customers in the wider sense.

Support your local suppliers otherwise you'll lose em!

Regards

Gareth

I think to get to the level Tesco have got to you do need to tread on people. That's part of the reason most of us are normal people and haven't made it to that level.

I get the chance to rip off pensioners and other trusting customers every day in my line of work. If I did I could easily increase my earnings with little or no comeback but I'm a lot happier being skint and honest! When someone says "I thought it would be more than that" part of me just wants to cry, but in the long run it feels pretty good. I'm happy with my lifestyle, I'm not starving and I can afford to have some fun. The nice part is knowing that the extra £50 that old lady was prepared to give me can go to her getting something nice for herself. I don't need it that badly!

How anyone can make that much money out of pressing their suppliers to near personal breakdown I just don't know. That feeling would kill me, I just couldn't live with myself.

aye its not even healthy negotations either!!!!!!!!

from what ive been told by local farmers its a case of we ARE taking this stock etc and THATS the price take it or leave it!!!!

they bully relentlessly

i refuse to buy meat from a supermarket i use my local butcher and now we have a small local green grocer opened up so fingers crossed they last....ill be a customer !!

sauer

• 1 month later...

The greed thing works two ways surely? Why does a farmer supply Tesco? Because initially they offer a little bit more than the farmer is getting now, farmers eyes light up with pound signs, Tesco then encourage him to expand to supply them with more, when he has borrowed a lot of money to meet their demand, they squeeze, and when they see the beads of sweat on his brow, they squeeze some more, but what was it that got him into this mess, could it have been greed?

I should add that I am no fan of the supermarkets either.

i was looking at one in whs the otherday and this woman cut me a right look like shooting was against the law.

i soon told her in a polite way to mind her own ;)

LOL my question to them is do you eat meat? 90% say yes - my reply - have the guts to let it have a good life and a clean death :D

Archived