U-Caller remote

Has anyone tried the new 'U-caller Remote'? It looks a handy piece of kit and seems even better value than the one it replaces.

I particularly like the facility to plug it into your computer and swap the sound files around.

What do you think?

Badsworth

• 3 months later...

Ok........here we go.

Problems with the UCALLER has often been a poor sounding speaker on the main unit itself, when played at high volumes the speaker can not handle the "bass" type sounds giving distortion to the sound like you get when you play music through cheap crap speakers.

This was overcome by using the old caller with a "truck mount" speaker, giving better quality.

Benefits of the new system give you the owner the ability to download sounds directly into the unit itself. Which is fine, if you can find a sound you want to use.

Product review - still, the new remote system has a poor quality speaker (In my oppinon) giving distortion to crow call, magpie call, fox bark.

I think that it could be improved by spending a bit more on a better speaker.

As for how it compares to the rest of the market, Ill stick with my Call Master. But you will struggle to get these now, and I would stay away from the remote ones of these as there have been a number of problems. So much so that the shop I know no longer stocks them.

• 2 months later...

Got one of these from flea bay a few weeks ago.

Very easy to swap around the sound files and drop new ones onto it. Just downloaded a load from sites on the internet and going to give them a try <_<

Will let you know how I get on.

Archived