Tikka 3006 - New Knife First Outing

Hi all,

I purchased a new knife from Tikka 3006 on here a month or two back, when I purchased it I was firstly impressed by the quality and standard of workmanship.

We all went up to Dumfriese (Tikka, myself and a friend) for some Roe stalking, and I was lucky enough to get into 2 small bucks whilst there so it was a great opportunity to test the new blade, the results were - simply stunning

The knife held it edge superbly well during the gralloching, the skinning and jointing later in the week, the handle felt good and solid in my hand and there was no fears of slipping when wet with rain or blood.

I had fears that buying such a beautiful knife may lead me not to use it, however the opposite was the case, once I realised how good the blade was, its that positive feeling you get when you pick up the animals skin and the knife easily cuts through without force or saw action. Also being a heavy handed front row forward I didn't managed to chip or damage the blade in any way on bone during the jointing. The knife fitted well into the hand made sheath and I was confortable wearing it on my belt during stalking.

In all I can say the knife is an absolute joy to use, not only is it attractive it is also a superb work tool that is fit for purpose.

To be able to get a bespoke knife at a price tht is reasonable that works! I would recommend you give him a try, he has a skill to produce great knives at a great price.

I unashamedly admit to knowing Ian (tikka 3006) however the above review is honest and without prejudice - not sure if it is in the correct Heading though :lol:

GB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the review wayne I'm glad you like it

here are a few photo's of the buffalo horn stalker wayne commissioned from me

buffalohornstalker010.jpg

buffalohornstalker009.jpg

Regards

Ian

Could you give us an idea of the cost please?

Hi

I will answer for Ian since he seems to have gone to sleep, he makes knives to order and cost you pay for what you want.

The knife in the pics he did for me cost £85.00

He has done bespoke orders up to £150 for people wanting particular styles, if you know what you want give him a shout and he can go through it with you.

I am aware he is very busy with his blades at the moment.

cheers

Wayne

Hi

I will answer for Ian since he seems to have gone to sleep, he makes knives to order and cost you pay for what you want.

The knife in the pics he did for me cost £85.00

He has done bespoke orders up to £150 for people wanting particular styles, if you know what you want give him a shout and he can go through it with you.

I am aware he is very busy with his blades at the moment.

cheers

Wayne

Thanks wayne

a knife like wayne's is around £85, stabilized exotic woods comes to a little more but still under £100, the knife above is from O1 tool steel, a very tougth steel but has to be cared for as it will rust if left wet.

I also use RWL34 stainless, a very tougth swedish stainless steel, these blades are around £120 mark as they have to be sent out for heat treatment and the bar stock is more expensive than O1

below are 2 recient blades from O1, both for sale at £85

Regards

Ian

woodloreclone009.jpg

woodloreclone007.jpg

Archived