Finally the chill is up

Well a month ago myself and two friends Andrew & Arthur chipped in to buy a new walk in chill. It was bought on the thursday and the chap shipped it up on a wagon that night. It was dellivered in Aberdeen by 9 oclock the next morning. Some service.

Well we decided to put it up so we made a base for the chill to sit on and got to putting it together. The chill has its own floor so this was made easier. It took 30 mins to make up and within an hour it was running and down to 2 degrees.

Andrew had managed to source 150ft of ally tracking out of a meat wagon so the next mission was to try bending the I beam around the inside of the chill roof. It all went well and it took a couple of hours to do.

The next day i went out with Andrew for an evening Stalk. 30 mins after getting to my seat i heard a double tap. 30 mins after that i shot a nice buck and gralloch done headed out for the motor. When i got there Andrew was sitting rather happy with himself. Having a quick look in the back of his rover on the way past there was nothing to be pleased about. Im guessing its too big for him to retreave so must be a red. When i asked him "why two shots" thinking he had to finish off with a second shot he replied " i had to shoot them both". Absolute W****R, i was going to sit in that seat as well. Thats 4 stags he has had in 5 outings.

Anyway a few pics of the chill/tracking system etc....

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

Ads

Very nice set-up Ads. All we need now is for those of us that are doing things right to get paid more than the pikeys for our venison! Or, better still for the FSA/EHO/Trading Standards/DEFRA/Police to enforce the law and regulations and put an end to pikey venison all together. Rant over! JC

Yeah it is a bloody good unit. The shed its in is due to be moved soon and when it is the back bay of the shed will be a dedicated larder with a propper handling system for reds. we have all the stainless tables, sinks etc....Just waiting on the shed move to take place then we will get after it. Will post up pics of the set up once its complete.

Ads

thats a cracking looking set-up adam!!!!!!! :wub:

v-max n me will just have to do with the double coke fridge but its doing well.

we also landed a couple o stainless tables and gear from a butcher we heard was closing down no far away so between the fridge and tables etc we not doing too bad.

we use virkoness ( spelling? ) for cleaning up, its apparently good for wiping down local vets use it and its good for e-coli, salmonella, and all other nasties....... i use it to disenfect my rebreather and other diving kit.

ill get some pics in the morning let you see it but ....proper chill unit!!!!! now thats nice!!!

all the best

sauer

Archived